You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 12, 2016 6:23 am  #1

men talking about crying

Did you ever have a conversation with a man about his tears in "normal life"? I can't go into details, but last week I talked to a man who is having a hard time in his relationship. I know him for some time, knew about his problems in his relationship when I met him, but I wouldn't name him a friend of mine. Obviously he was very sad and even carried around a pack of handkerchiefs when I met him. He immediately broke into tears, first the tears in his eyes, afterwards a thick voice, afterwards the handkerchief. When he was able to talk again, which took him just a few seconds he didn't apologize for his breakdown like people often do but started to talk about how sad he is. He told me, that he is crying a lot and that his skin gets blotchy.

March 13, 2016 1:58 pm  #2

Re: men talking about crying

A nice observation for you ​ did any tears fall from his eyes? If so did he allow them to fall? Did you see a tear even if only briefly. Can't really answer your question given that I am male but I have talked about crying with a woman. Both in term of my tears and her tears.

March 13, 2016 8:24 pm  #3

Wow, flatter!  Your observation actually sounds like the sort of thing I'd dream about or write about in a fanfic. 

March 14, 2016 7:25 pm  #4

A friend of mine is very open about the fact that he cries (about normal human stuff, not just the stuff that is Socially Acceptable for Manly Men to cry about, ie dead dads or the team making the playoffs). He'll be like 'oh, I'd need to watch that movie alone, I'd just cry the whole movie long', or 'at the time I was having a really tough go of it emotionally, I'd be hiding in the bathroom crying'. And he's a friend I can go to for moral support and advice on how to deal when I'm crying and can't stop, cause i know he's been there.

Don't mind me, I'm just here to fill my Lachrymatory of Holding.

March 14, 2016 9:20 pm  #5

Saw him again today. More composure than the last time but still a little shaky voice. One tear was hanging on his eyelashes what seemed to be for ages. He didn't wipe it away. And he told again about his flooding emotions. It seems that he is really open about talking about his problems right now, he even thanked me for an open ear.
The first time he had tears in his eyes but didn't allow them to flow down his cheeks but wiped them away with his handkerchief.

March 20, 2016 2:47 am  #6

Wow, you are quite the lucky one. It is merely a dream of mine to meet a guy that open about his emotions to me.

"Sometimes, the best way to help someone is just to be near them."
-Veronica Roth

March 30, 2016 2:19 am  #7

Love that he carries around handkerchiefs! What age group is he? I've never seen a young guy do so.

Board footera