You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 13, 2016 6:48 pm  #1

Classic Scene from "Happy Days"

Henry Winkler as Fonzie:

May 13, 2016 9:36 pm  #2

Re: Classic Scene from "Happy Days"

I remember this episode! There was quite a build-up, I even remember a supermarket tabloid (The National Enquirer?) publishing a front page article with a photo of Fonzie with a photoshopped tear. The headline was screaming "Fonzie CRIES!"

As soon as I saw that, I knew I'd need to watch.

"We have our stalking memories, and they will demand their rightful tears."
Anonymous

May 13, 2016 10:28 pm  #3

Interesting, Caircair!

There's something so beautiful about seeing a tough character vulnerable.

Last edited by White Tulip (May 14, 2016 1:13 am)

May 14, 2016 2:27 am  #4

I vaguely remember another Happy Days episode where the Fonz got teary. As I recall, he was dating a deaf woman who broke up with him at the end of the episode. I distinctly remember him learning the sign language for "Happy Birthday" to impress her. (I can still sign Happy Birthday from watching that episode.)

"We have our stalking memories, and they will demand their rightful tears."
Anonymous

May 14, 2016 3:57 am  #5

caircair wrote:

I vaguely remember another Happy Days episode where the Fonz got teary. As I recall, he was dating a deaf woman who broke up with him at the end of the episode. I distinctly remember him learning the sign language for "Happy Birthday" to impress her. (I can still sign Happy Birthday from watching that episode.)

Wow, that sounds nice. 

Here's the other emotional Fonzie moment I'm familiar with (you have to go to the last minute and a half or so of this video):

Last edited by White Tulip (May 14, 2016 3:58 am)

May 22, 2016 2:44 am  #6

OMG this is weird but I actually remember this. I am way, way too young to remember this show but I do. As a young teen I used to watch this show on classic TV with my family sometimes. I remember this scene and it being very spellbinding to me, haha. I wanted the episode to come on again. I think I liked it because he was a character who didn't generally cry.

Board footera