You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 7, 2016 1:28 am  #1

Has Anyone Ever Felt This?

Either a twinge of jealousy or else a feeling that you might be provoking it in someone else by sharing a crying moment with someone?

I just thought of a time in school when I came across a friend of mine trying to console his girlfriend. I don't know what upset her, but they were sitting together at the end of a dormitory hall and she was weeping.  I asked if she was alright and she stood up and came over to hug me (we were all mutual friends) and cry on me for a minute.

It was great to experience, but it also made me feel a bit awkward to be sharing what was, for me, a very intimate moment with his girlfriend in front of him. I very much doubt that he felt the same way about it that I did, but I wonder what it would have been like if he did.

On the other side of the equation, I've at times asked one or another of my lovers to save her tears for me, as best she could, because they were so sacred to me.

Have others felt this?

Last edited by NeedHerSobs (June 11, 2016 5:22 pm)

"Bless me now with your fierce tears..."

June 11, 2016 4:57 pm  #2

Re: Has Anyone Ever Felt This?

Not that exactly,  but I've mentioned a few times on here about 2 friends of mine that are closer to each other than to me, and how the girl keeps telling me how the guy was crying talking to her about his recent problems and stress.

I know she doesn't know my feelings on that but the way she kept mentioning "he was so upset he was just crying a bit ago ,  like really crying" felt to ME of course that she was rubbing it in.

This has happened multiple times now.

Last edited by Ella (June 11, 2016 4:58 pm)

June 11, 2016 5:10 pm  #3

And I guess I could add the most recent "consolation prize" I got in the whole situation.

Still never seen the guy crying, but a  few weeks ago,  he was having a bad day and (from talking to the girl,  his confidant) I already knew what the situation/problems were.

They came back from lunch together and approached me. He looked awful and I could tell SHE had been crying at least (she does easily). She said to me "hug him". Took me off guard so I paused with a questioning look and he mumbled all depressed sounding "she doesn't want to hug me". And I immediately was like "yes I do!" And started hugging him, and he hugged back. We told him he does have people that care.

So at least that made me feel better that I was helping in some way.  Eh what can you do

June 11, 2016 5:26 pm  #4

That sounds rather torturous and tantalizing. I hope you'll get a chance to really experience it.

June 12, 2016 6:31 am  #5

I've been jealous of other people who saw my boyfriend cry when I never have (I've seen him tearful and talked to him on the phone while he cried, but he's never been straight up sobbing whilst physically near me).  
Also, Ella, the "hug him" thing sounds really cute.  I hope you end up getting more involved in that situation.  I'd love to hear more, if you do

June 13, 2016 2:50 am  #6

I definitely feel this. I sometimes have a hard time witnessing others cry in real life for this reason.

June 13, 2016 3:14 am  #7

Super-Secret wrote:

I definitely feel this. I sometimes have a hard time witnessing others cry in real life for this reason.

Conversely, then, have you ever comforted someone in front of others and enjoyed knowing that they were witnessing it? Almost like comforting exhibitionism?

Board footera