You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 14, 2016 2:46 am  #1

Handkerchief Use in Films?

For those of you who like handkerchiefs (and in particular, men using them), do you have any favorite scenes in films where they come into play?  Here I'm interested mainly in films made within the last 30 years or so.

Offhand, I can only think of two moments in relatively recent movies that involve guys using handkerchiefs.  In the first scene of The Pianist from 2002, the character portrayed by Adrien Brody has just been superficially wounded in a bomb attack.  He quickly takes a handkerchief from the inside pocket of his jacket, presses it to the bleeding wound, and then replaces the handkerchief.  Then there's the 1994 movie Quiz Show, starring Ralph Fiennes as a young college professor who ends up cheating on a televised trivia program.  I haven't seen the entire movie, but I do know there's a scene in which the Fiennes character dabs his brow with his handkerchief while on the program.  Whether the character is hot, or nervous, or just "acting" for the TV cameras, I'm not sure -- but you can see the moment here, at about 2:47:  

Any others?

Last edited by White Tulip (June 15, 2016 4:57 am)

Board footera