You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 17, 2017 12:19 am  #1

Sherlock and John Watson

Great comforting scene and a truly beautiful bromance.  No spoilers but if you haven't watched this BBC series, you are missing out!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvpRfYJTqTI

"...men do not cry. They will do anything BUT cry. They stop themselves crying. And eventually they do cry if it is bad enough. So that's how you know with a man how bad it is for him. Because he would've stopped himself...Men always cry like that. They don't cry and in the end they do and if they do then it's overwhelming." ~Michael Caine

January 17, 2017 3:59 am  #2

Re: Sherlock and John Watson

How wonderful!!  Scenes with men comforting other men in such a tactile way are so rare that seeing one is, for me, like a dream come true!

January 17, 2017 3:59 am  #3

Awww.  Lovely.

Climbing to a high chamber in a well of houses, he threw himself down in his clothes on a neglected bed, and its pillow was wet with wasted tears. -- A Tale of Two Cities

January 17, 2017 6:12 pm  #4

Wow, those tears dripping, especially in the version without music!

January 17, 2017 7:11 pm  #5

I also love that it seems really natural for Sherlock, like he just knows he needs to hug him, but it highlights the love between these two that he feels comfortable doing that as he in other areas of life would be very uncomfortable with that level of intimacy.   In short, I like it that much more since it seems to out of character for him

"...men do not cry. They will do anything BUT cry. They stop themselves crying. And eventually they do cry if it is bad enough. So that's how you know with a man how bad it is for him. Because he would've stopped himself...Men always cry like that. They don't cry and in the end they do and if they do then it's overwhelming." ~Michael Caine

January 18, 2017 4:42 am  #6

yellowrose wrote:

I also love that it seems really natural for Sherlock, like he just knows he needs to hug him, but it highlights the love between these two that he feels comfortable doing that as he in other areas of life would be very uncomfortable with that level of intimacy.   In short, I like it that much more since it seems to out of character for him

Good point!  For me it's always a delightful surprise and most moving whenever a character reveals an unexpected tenderness. 

January 28, 2017 11:23 pm  #7

Was there any other crying related to the major plot point he is crying over here?  (Trying not to give away spoilers. I heard about what happened, but haven't had time to watch this season.)

Climbing to a high chamber in a well of houses, he threw himself down in his clothes on a neglected bed, and its pillow was wet with wasted tears. -- A Tale of Two Cities

January 31, 2017 12:50 am  #8

Yess!!! Thank you! BBC Sherlock and Watson are the best!! ^_^

Board footera