You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 27, 2017 2:48 am  #1

Has Hugh Grant ever cried on film?

I honestly can't say that I've ever seen him weep on film. What brought this on was that I just watched Florence Foster Jenkins (a very weird but interesting movie). At one point Hugh Grant (playing the husband to Ms. Foster Jenkins) is clearly emotional - red face, voice breaking - but no actual crying. Is a crying Hugh Grant one of the holy grails of emotional scenes? Because it's something I'd like to see.

"We have our stalking memories, and they will demand their rightful tears."
Anonymous

January 27, 2017 8:44 am  #2

Re: Has Hugh Grant ever cried on film?

Dear Caircair
I vaguely remember him crying in the film MAURICE, but this was ages ago. He had kind of a nervous breakdown in one scene.
And I am not sure if he shortly cried in BITTER MOON.

Even though he doesn't cry very much in films, he does so in real life:
http://people.com/movies/hugh-grant-couldnt-stop-crying-for-three-weeks-after-going-mad-in-2007/

Last edited by abcd1234 (January 27, 2017 8:54 am)

January 27, 2017 1:54 pm  #3

It's a comedy called Mickey blue eyes, also ages ago but he has a short crying scene if I remember right even with tears

Last edited by flatter (January 27, 2017 5:02 pm)

January 27, 2017 5:01 pm  #4

Yes, Flatter! I was thinking about that one, too! Years ago - a funny movie, but both Hugh and James Caan cry at the end because they think their wife/daughter was killed. But that is the only time I can remember him actually crying. 

January 27, 2017 5:03 pm  #5

@Caircair...you have any idea where we could  find clips of those movies?

January 27, 2017 5:06 pm  #6

I remember him having shed a tear or two in Nine Months (1995), Extreme Measures ( when he's in the hospital, apparantly paralysed and another, very birief in Four Weddings and a Funeral.

Last edited by psychic_girl (January 27, 2017 5:06 pm)

''I like crying. And now I not only wanna cry and show my crying to other people, I wanna just split myself down the middle and open my guts and just throw everything out!''
Woody Harrelson

January 27, 2017 5:30 pm  #7

As for finding clips, I'm YouTube all the way - and admit when it comes to clips, I rely on the board here for the best ones. I don't have much luck with finding good clips.

Anonymous

January 27, 2017 5:44 pm  #8

@Caircair...besides, YouTube, I rely a lot on Putlocker for movies and for TV shows, lucktv.net. Try those...they are a treasure. 

January 27, 2017 10:28 pm  #9

For whatever reason, Putlocker keeps triggering my virus warnings so I don't use it. I have to agree with lucktv.net, however.

Anonymous

February 1, 2017 9:53 pm  #10

Now I desperately want to see Hugh Grant cry! 

(Here's a little something from Four Weddings and a Funeral.) 

Last edited by Tristana (February 1, 2017 9:53 pm)

Board footera