You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 8, 2012 6:30 am  #1

Sound effects

If you like sound effects, here are my two favorite places to find them (peruse the lists for what you prefer):

sounddogs.com

http://www.audiomicro.com/sound-effects/human/crying

audiosparx.com (In the search bar, search "woman crying" or "man crying." If you like women, you can also search "two women sobbing"... there's a nice one that comes up under those keywords.)

(I think I posted this on the old forum, but might as well repost here)

Do you guys like sound effects? I do prefer videos, but I also love the sound effects. Since I like sobbing, I prefer more intense sound effects with lots of breath-catching, vocalized sobs, and sharp inhales (especially since there's no visual to go with it to enhance the emotional intensity). I also like envisioning the way the person might look as he/she is crying. Bonus points of the voice sounds like one of my friends who I would like to see cry! Which almost never happens, unfortunately... haha.

April 8, 2012 2:44 pm  #2

Re: Sound effects

dont like just sound generally, or even just video without sound for that matter. I like videos with sound. they have to not be out of sync. usually should be well lit. as high resolution as possible. and she should be really pretty.

and experiences like the one tearhunter keeps posting about beats any video imo.

April 8, 2012 8:57 pm  #3

Yeah, I'm definitely into the sounds. I like it to be not too over the top, some quiet sobbing is best. Also really important is that it at least tries to sound real. The fakey bawling is a real turn off.

It is such a secret place, the land of tears.
-- Antoine de Saint Exupery, "The Little Prince"

April 9, 2012 5:48 pm  #4

Yeah, I don't like anything that sounds fake. In fact, if I hear any of those over-the-top bawling sound effects, I immediately close the window, almost out of embarrassment, lol. Just no!

Of course, I prefer videos (I agree with you, kournokopia, about videos/audio needing to be synchronized), and ultimately I most enjoy real-life observations. But I love sound effects, too!

April 11, 2012 11:43 pm  #5

I find most sound effects sound a bit too fake for my tastes (although I haven't scrolled through them all), but in general, I am totally in love with the sounds of crying, yes!!  I really prefer the combo of talking (or trying to talk) and crying, though (as opposed to crying with no talking at all).  I was lucky enough to have a guy record a real crying mp3 for me once and he talked the whole time, even through his sobs (sorry, I can't make the clip public!)  Honestly, even though I liked the way he looked, I didn't feel like I needed to see him crying... the clip worked amazingly well without it.  It just seemed like a phone conversation, like he was opening up to me on the other end.  So many things seem to factor into my favorite crying materials... the actual content, the context of the crying, the struggle... so, I can't make a sweeping answer between audio and video.  I judge on a case-by-case basis.  But, I would definitely pick a real life crying event with a guy friend (with whom I shared a bond) over an audio/video of that same friend (although to have both would be the ideal in a perfect world, haha...).

April 12, 2012 8:00 pm  #6

I did get turned on by some of these (this from a self-confessed tear fan) - but like some of you have said not ones that are over the top and appear fake.
Although like woundedpuppy I prefer the woman to try and talk as she is crying with the emotion coming across in her voice. That with breathless fairly quiet sobbing will do it for me.

I'm not into the wailing type of crying !

April 13, 2012 3:00 am  #7

yeah I agree with everyone who has posted.  Some of those clips were good, but I don't like it when it's over the top.  If it sounds natural then it's good

April 13, 2012 3:09 am  #8

For me, it becomes over the top when the person is basically scream-wailing. But loud rapid-fire sobbing is still in the range of "good." As long as the voice isn't too forced or tinny.

April 13, 2012 3:46 am  #9

here's a good site with a combination of sounds, videos, and images

http://www.pond5.com/video-sound-effects-after-effects-photos-illustrations/1/crying.html

April 13, 2012 8:05 pm  #10

Ooh, Bisko, I haven't seen that one for some reason. Thanks for posting!!

Board footera