You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 15, 2017 8:49 pm  #1

Tim Roth: "Chronic"

Tim Roth plays a nurse who works with terminally ill patients.  Here, he is catching up with the daughter he hasn't seen in some time and she brings up a very painful subject.  Unfortunately for us crying lovers, it is shot in profile and not close up.  However, it is all one take, and Roth's reaction, while subtle, is just so genuine and moving.  
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BwHyyNCG_oBkVlhMXzFzNXJYalE

Climbing to a high chamber in a well of houses, he threw himself down in his clothes on a neglected bed, and its pillow was wet with wasted tears. -- A Tale of Two Cities

April 15, 2017 11:10 pm  #2

Re: Tim Roth: "Chronic"

I loved the scene, very subtle cues about tearing up  yet powerfull..

''I like crying. And now I not only wanna cry and show my crying to other people, I wanna just split myself down the middle and open my guts and just throw everything out!''
Woody Harrelson

April 16, 2017 4:41 pm  #3

Beautiful scene! God, how I wish that was a close-up! Also, I really had hoped she would have reached out and touched his arm or given him a hug or something! Argh! Broke my heart...I can't stand when people see someone crying and do nothing!! 

June 17, 2017 1:31 am  #4

On the other hand, seeing one's parent cry is super awkward and he was trying to hide it.

Don't mind me, I'm just here to fill my Lachrymatory of Holding.

Board footera