You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 26, 2017 2:03 am  #1

Handkerchiefs or any other "crying towels"

What really gets me going is handkerchiefs.  I love using them myself and I find that when others use them, or rags, scarves, bandanas...I'm off to the races.  I used to love watching movies where people used them. Ellen Burstyn is one such actress that I loved seeing cry in movies.  Most movies of the seventies have handkerchief props, but these days, that isn't so much the case.  Still...it's something that has always turned me on, mainly because it's so open and honest, unrestrained.  The more completely one cries, the more comfort it brings, and full-on healing is inevitable.  Actually, tears of joy are the most pleasurable to  me.  When in love for the first time, sometimes the weeping is so intense, and you feel like you're in heaven.  Laughing and crying at the same time is epic.  But handkerchiefs are a real added pleasure to the experience of tears, whatever the reason for them.  When I cry alone, often I'm comforted by the feel of one on my face, as if someone is hugging me.

Anyone else love a good handkerchief cry?

Last edited by La Llorona (April 26, 2017 2:18 am)

"People cry, not because they're weak. It's because they've been strong for too long." --Johnny Depp
"Cry to me...let it come, let it bleed...reach in and get it, and set it free." --Heart

April 30, 2017 9:17 pm  #2

Re: Handkerchiefs or any other "crying towels"

We have (had?) a couple members in the past whose main focus was handkerchiefs! I do like them myself (I enjoy any kind of physical evidence of tears: piles of tissues, damp handkerchiefs, wet spots on pillows, etc). 

Do you get the same thing from tissues? Or does it have to be a non-disposable item?

It is such a secret place, the land of tears.
-- Antoine de Saint Exupery, "The Little Prince"

April 30, 2017 9:50 pm  #3

Oh yeah, I love tissues, especially the sound of them being pulled out of the box lol.  Major turn on. :D  Yeah, they're good so long as I dispose of them. I used to keep them in my purse all the time...I also have this chronic condition with my nose where it fills up with congestion and I have to blow it a lot. So I need a lot of impliments for that.  Handkerchiefs are easier because they don't get all frayed and stuff, with white lint all over the place from the tissues lmao.  So yeah, they're my new thing.  But I will use tissues if they're around and I'm in the mood. :D

"People cry, not because they're weak. It's because they've been strong for too long." --Johnny Depp
"Cry to me...let it come, let it bleed...reach in and get it, and set it free." --Heart

April 30, 2017 10:03 pm  #4

Used tissues from crying are a turn on to keep around, but I usually won't put them in my purse.   Eventually  I'll throw them away but I love putting used implements in my lap after a good cry...a wet hanky or a pile of tissues, and just fingering them a bit.  I love anything wet from tears...shirts, pillows, hair...lol.  I used to cry in bed and have the tears roll into my hair lol.  That's pretty epic as well. 

Last edited by La Llorona (April 30, 2017 10:04 pm)

April 30, 2017 10:18 pm  #5

La Llorona. honey, you are absolutely talking my language!  I've felt that way about handkerchiefs ever since I can remember.  There are some flicks from the thirties and forties that have some wicked handkerchief scenes.  Not easy always to run down, but well worth it.

May 3, 2017 5:28 am  #6

I loooooove tissue/handkerchief scenes in my crying videos!!  That's a huge focal point of my crying love, and I can't get enough of those scenes!  That's primarily what my "watch later" playlist on YouTube is for, and I'm always hunting tor new material!

May 4, 2017 5:15 am  #7

I love handkerchiefs, too; I use them myself on special occasions.  But my very favorite thing is when elegant men use handkerchiefs -- for crying, dabbing perspiration, etc -- and when they compassionately offer handkerchiefs to crying women or even to other men.  Such scenes (whether in real life or in movies) always make me melt.

So, yeah, I'm definitely a lover of handkerchiefs -- always have, always will be.  I'm indifferent to tissues; tbh, they don't do much for me at all.  A handkerchief just seems so much more refined, permanent, and "personal" than a tissue.

May 4, 2017 4:11 pm  #8

I know what you mean, White Tulip.  Tissues are great when first pulled out of a box, but they get used up so quickly...handkerchiefs, especially thick large ones, are more durable lol. Yeah I know what you mean about elegant men.  Wiping sweat, or any such thing.  Offering handkerchiefs to crying women...yep!  :D  I offer handkerchiefs to everyone, when they're in tears...men too.  It's always a good segue into an epic crying friendship lol.

May 4, 2017 4:25 pm  #9

La Llorona wrote:

I know what you mean, White Tulip.  Tissues are great when first pulled out of a box, but they get used up so quickly...handkerchiefs, especially thick large ones, are more durable lol. Yeah I know what you mean about elegant men.  Wiping sweat, or any such thing.  Offering handkerchiefs to crying women...yep!  :D  I offer handkerchiefs to everyone, when they're in tears...men too.  It's always a good segue into an epic crying friendship lol.

How lovely that you do that!  I mean, I'm female, yet I think it would be beautiful to offer a handkerchief to a man in need of one.  Unfortunately, I probably wouldn't have the "courage" to do so at this point; and currently I only carry a handkerchief on special occasions, like going to the theatre or opera. 

May 4, 2017 11:50 pm  #10

This is kind of borderline gross, but I like the idea of a man offering a woman a handkerchief that hasn't been washed since the last time he used it to dry his tears (I'm thinking very recently, and no nose-blowing). 

It is such a secret place, the land of tears.
-- Antoine de Saint Exupery, "The Little Prince"

Board footera