You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 28, 2017 2:18 am  #1

Johnny Depp in Arizona Dream, 1992

The 1992 movie Arizona Dream starring Johnny Depp, Faye Dunaway, and Jerry Lewis is one of the most powerful movies of his career, and not often mentioned due to his other more popular successes.
***SPOILER ALERT** for those who might not have seen this movie and want to see it:  
Johnny's character Axl Blackmar is with his Uncle Leo(Jerry Lewis) in an ambulence as Leo has had a heart attack.  Leo dies before they get to the hospital.  This is such a tender scene...I find  myself just so drawn to want to hug Johnny and brush those tears from his cheeks.  His crying starts in the beginning but doesn't become sobbing til 1:40.  The sobbing isn't loud but it's audible and just perfect...so sweet and vulnerable.  Even though he rarely cries in all his movies, his vulnerability moves me more than that of most men, even those I know in real life.  Just so authentic and full of pure love.   Aah, to know him in person..sigh!      That's a whole other ball of yarn.   Oh well!  ;)

Epic acting by Lewis in a serious role as well.  Enjoy!

ARIZONA DREAM Death of Leo 

Last edited by La Llorona (April 28, 2017 7:25 pm)

"People cry, not because they're weak. It's because they've been strong for too long." --Johnny Depp
"Cry to me...let it come, let it bleed...reach in and get it, and set it free." --Heart

Board footera