You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 29, 2017 3:28 am  #1

obs while singing

An acquaintance of mine got to sing 'Bring Him Home' during choir, and while I could only see the side of his face, I think he was trying not to cry. His face kept trembling and I think I saw the gleam of tears in his eyes.

Don't mind me, I'm just here to fill my Lachrymatory of Holding.

May 29, 2017 4:06 am  #2

Re: obs while singing

I think that song would make anyone cry. I know if you listen closely to Michael Crawford's version, right at the end it sounds like he's pulling a quick sob-gasp.

"We have our stalking memories, and they will demand their rightful tears."
Anonymous

May 30, 2017 5:13 am  #3

caircair wrote:

I think that song would make anyone cry. I know if you listen closely to Michael Crawford's version, right at the end it sounds like he's pulling a quick sob-gasp.

Oh yes, I have that recording on CD...Heartrending indeed!

I love Les Miserables.  I saw it on Broadway in 1992, and recently saw another production, which I posted about here, if you're interested:  http://cryinglovers.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=1489

Last edited by White Tulip (May 30, 2017 5:16 am)

June 3, 2017 6:43 am  #4

Something about music, whether performing or observing, really brings out the emotion. Tonight I was attending another choir concert with some friends. Shortly before intermission, my friend sitting next to me began exhibiting several 'tells' that indicated stealth crying: rubbing the bridge of the nose, covering the face, leaning forward with head down. He didn't make a sound but he was shaking a little; I'm pretty sure he was crying.

Don't mind me, I'm just here to fill my Lachrymatory of Holding.

Board footera