You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 15, 2017 8:35 pm  #1

Born to be blue

No tears fall down in this one but i guess this is the only movie where i can see Ethan Hawke crying or almost crying. I really don't know any other movie where he shed tears or sobbed

http://www.watchonline.red/born-to-be-blue-2015-watch-online/ ( go to 1:37:00 )

''I like crying. And now I not only wanna cry and show my crying to other people, I wanna just split myself down the middle and open my guts and just throw everything out!''
Woody Harrelson

September 15, 2017 9:12 pm  #2

Re: Born to be blue

Oh, psychic_girl! Dead Poets Society!!! Ethan tears up a few times, but when his roommate (SPOILERS) kills himself, he freaking loses it and vomits, screams, cries and sobs. The whole movie is a man-filled tearfest! All the boys cry or sob at one point or another, even Robin Williams! I was obsessed with this scene as a teenager. See if you can get the whole movie - aside from being a tearfest, it really is a phenomenal movie! Enjoy!

Here is the scene: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_TNfuuotZE&t=15s

September 15, 2017 9:31 pm  #3

Oh yeah, this is one that i missed because even though it's dramatic is too short to see actual tears in it as far as Hawke is concerned. I like Robin Williams' and Robert Sean Leornard's scenes more . I also have a sort of mild phobia about vomit and i can't focus on the crying while watching it..

Last edited by psychic_girl (September 15, 2017 9:32 pm)

''I like crying. And now I not only wanna cry and show my crying to other people, I wanna just split myself down the middle and open my guts and just throw everything out!''
Woody Harrelson

September 16, 2017 3:50 am  #4

psychic_girl wrote:

Oh yeah, this is one that i missed because even though it's dramatic is too short to see actual tears in it as far as Hawke is concerned. I like Robin Williams' and Robert Sean Leornard's scenes more . I also have a sort of mild phobia about vomit and i can't focus on the crying while watching it..

Interesting that the Emergency Room doctor has a bit of a vomit phobia as well huh?  I agree it ruins it for me too.  It doesn't bother me as much anymore as my job has essentially provided me with immersion therapy to cure the phobia, but I still really dislike watching people vomit.

"...men do not cry. They will do anything BUT cry. They stop themselves crying. And eventually they do cry if it is bad enough. So that's how you know with a man how bad it is for him. Because he would've stopped himself...Men always cry like that. They don't cry and in the end they do and if they do then it's overwhelming." ~Michael Caine

September 16, 2017 11:28 am  #5

Death poet society is one of those films I spent my pocket money. We didn't have video and I was not allowed to watch TV at home so I spent my Wednesday afternoons in the cinema. It was not so much about Ethan Hawke but more about Robert Sean Leonard. And with the vomiting I can join in as well...

September 16, 2017 2:44 pm  #6

I'm with you, flatter. If I hear someone vomit, see it, or smell it, I'll do it. Even a cat with a hairball can set me off.

"We have our stalking memories, and they will demand their rightful tears."
Anonymous

September 16, 2017 4:18 pm  #7

I tried to fight it for many years and for about 6 years i refrained to the utmost to see or experience such a thing but then i had to undergo apendicits surgery and the anesthesic had side effects. In time it has worn off somehow..anyway i remenbered watching Stand by Me when i was about 12 or 13 and i was fairly amazed by the acting and by seeing the boys getting emotional but then one of them tells the puke story at the eating contest  and that did it to me at the time. I just couldn't take that out of my mind at the time and ruined the movie for me. Same thing happened while watching Dying Young and 21 Grams where the  puking scenes outnumber the emotional ones....

Last edited by psychic_girl (September 16, 2017 4:21 pm)

Woody Harrelson

September 17, 2017 5:26 pm  #8

yellowrose: did you realy do immersion therapy or was it just because of your job you had to get used to it? Most psychiatrist don't even know there is emetophobia. 

September 22, 2017 4:10 pm  #9

flatter wrote:

yellowrose: did you realy do immersion therapy or was it just because of your job you had to get used to it? Most psychiatrist don't even know there is emetophobia. 

No, I didn't do immersion therapy, just picked a field unfortunately where I would have to come into contact with it a lot.  After quite a few years, I don't enjoy being around it, but at least in the work setting I am much better.  I also have a husband who unfortunately has developed stomach issues, so he's helped a good amount too 
I didn't realize how common emetophobia was either, but htere are quite a few people who suffer from it.  Guess both my fetish and my phobia have a lot in common

"...men do not cry. They will do anything BUT cry. They stop themselves crying. And eventually they do cry if it is bad enough. So that's how you know with a man how bad it is for him. Because he would've stopped himself...Men always cry like that. They don't cry and in the end they do and if they do then it's overwhelming." ~Michael Caine

Board footera