You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 14, 2017 2:30 pm  #1

Airport Obs

This happened a couple years ago so not a recent observation, but one that I wanted to share.

Long story short I was travelling with a relative where we were going away for a month. When we passed through the check-ins and sat down to wait for our flight, there was an Indian lady sitting a few seats down from me, and she was sitting across from me so I was looking in her direction. I noticed there were some drips on her shirt (if I had to count there were probably 4, and a couple were drying up), and upon looking at her face I realized she was crying. She was being comforted by someone (unknown as to who it was, maybe a relative or a friend).

A few minutes pass and she begins crying again. I looked at her and caught a tear falling down her cheeks which later dripped on her shirt. Needless to say this excited me, but I didn't want to stare at her so I looked away, then looked at her again. Then a second tear falls down her left cheek, and again drips on her shirt. She wipes her shirt away a couple of times, and then she departed. She came back around our area 5-10 minutes later with a coffee (probably to distract herself), and the tears were already drying away from her shirt. We departed for our flight and that was the end.

I just found it interesting that in such a public area (and populated at times) she didn't bother wiping her tears away before falling, but rather letting them fall unchecked, and then wiping her shirt away to, what I assume, was to accelerate the process of the tears drying.

December 14, 2017 2:39 pm  #2

Re: Airport Obs

Interesting obs Dacryphiliac Man, about you noticing tears unchecked in public, when my wife gets emotional in public she also allows her tears to fall unchecked, which by the way I have wiped and seen wiped by friends.

December 14, 2017 2:42 pm  #3

Amans lacrimae wrote:

Interesting obs Dacryphiliac Man, about you noticing tears unchecked in public, when my wife gets emotional in public she also allows her tears to fall unchecked, which by the way I have wiped and seen wiped by friends.

One of my favorite things is when tears fall unchecked. When your wife lets her tears fall, do you notice if they fall on her shirt, the floor, or elsewhere?

December 14, 2017 6:24 pm  #4

When she is standing they fall on her shirt, around the breast area; but if she is sitting, the tears land on her thighs. That is until I start wiping them from her tear streaked face, like I have told you before, sometimes when we are talking something serious, I don't touch her until we have gotten to a point, that is when you can get a good obs of tears landing on her clothes; if she is crying for an emotional reason that does not need to be discussed I make sure her tears are not wasted, I kiss and wipe them away.

Board footera