You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 8, 2018 10:23 pm  #1

Bill Hader: "Barry"

Anyone who thinks Bill Hader is just the funny guy from Saturday Night Live will be in for a shock with this one.  He's been doing consistently amazing (mostly dramatic) work on Barry and this scene is just incredible.  (Season 1, episode 7)
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1h1AbIKhqBaugJryuT9VLxHEVx4RAXefZ

Climbing to a high chamber in a well of houses, he threw himself down in his clothes on a neglected bed, and its pillow was wet with wasted tears. -- A Tale of Two Cities

May 9, 2018 2:39 pm  #2

Re: Bill Hader: "Barry"

WOW! This is amazing, Squonk! Thanks for posting this. Of course, I love Bill Hader...and I was hoping to see something like this from him for a while now. Comedians really can do the most dramatic work - look at Tom Hanks, Robin Williams, etc... Bill did a dramedy with Kristin Wiig (I forget the name - they played siblings) - and although he was great -- I really wanted to see him do in that movie what he did here, especially considering he was suicidal in that movie. I have not watched this show - I have no idea what it is about - but I am definitely going to start now! Thanks again! 

May 12, 2018 10:45 pm  #3

The movie you are thinking of is The Skeleton Twins.  Hader blew me away in that and made me a fan.  
In Barry he is a depressed ex-Marine hit man who decides to become an actor (his two worlds collide in the scene I posted).  It's a comedy/drama and he is playing the least comical character on the show.  Just amazing.  I can't wait to see more dramatic work from him.  

Climbing to a high chamber in a well of houses, he threw himself down in his clothes on a neglected bed, and its pillow was wet with wasted tears. -- A Tale of Two Cities

September 19, 2019 3:56 pm  #4

Damn, he's good.

Don't mind me, I'm just here to fill my Lachrymatory of Holding.

Board footera