You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 2, 2018 1:46 am  #1

Post-performance tears obs (Female)

My wife was performing a musical piece last night in front of a large audience, and due to multiple technical failures and her own loss of concentration, the whole performance needed to be stopped and she had to start over. When her piece ended, and the applause ended, she emerged through the curtain and stormed right past me to talk to the people responsible for the sound failure, and I followed close behind her. She confronted him in a quiet shaky angry voice and vented her frustration while he apologized repeatedly. I was standing behind her to her right, so I initially couldn't see her face while she was talking to him, but I could see the side profile of tears that were rolling down her right cheek unchecked. He then pointed at something to his left (our right), and she looked to her right and I could see two shiny tear streaks on her right cheek, and two tears dripped off her jawline at that time. She then turned around to me and took my hand and we briskly walked into a practice/dressing room in the back. Once the door closed she angrily struck a table with the palms of her hands a couple of times, then her entire expression softened. She sat on the bench, tears welled up again in her eyes and her lips pulled into a bulging lip curl. She was wearing dark red lipstick. She bent her neck backward, closed her eyes and a pair of tears swiftly rolled down each cheek and she started to sob while maintaining the lip curl. She then put her forehead in both her hands with her elbows on the table, continued to sob hard, with a quivering open-mouthed lip curl and multiple tears rolling down the front of her cheeks, down her nose, and onto the table. I had her grasped tightly in my arms at this point and was caressing her hair. After two minutes she turned to me and let me hug her properly. I kissed her tearstained right cheek and then pressed my right cheek against hers, and I felt several of her tears on my face during this time. She sobbed again in this position for about a minute. She then pulled away, and there were mascara streaks on both her cheeks and down her neck. It took a few minutes for her to calm down fully. She blew her nose, I kissed her on both cheeks a few times and then she wiped her tears away, and we slowly made our way to the car to drive home. 

June 2, 2018 1:13 pm  #2

Re: Post-performance tears obs (Female)

Beautiful obs, I love seeing multiple tear streaks, when you placed your cheek next to hers is a sweet gesture, amazing, have a wonderful weekend.

June 5, 2018 9:55 am  #3

She then put her forehead in both her hands with her elbows on the table, continued to sob hard, with a quivering open-mouthed lip curl and multiple tears rolling down the front of her cheek

That sounds amazing! A quivering that accompanies a bulging lip is so much hotter. The red lipstick is usually a great addition.

I have performed on stage as a kid. Now that I look back with severe social anxiety, a situation like that sounds massively stressful.

Ugly crying is pretty crying

June 10, 2018 3:43 am  #4

@DacryphiliacMan: Her tears formed a horizontal line of drops on the table. The table had a cheap hydrophobic coating on it, so the drops stayed separate and visible. The drops were slightly darkened and cloudy from the foundation that had come off her cheek. She'd been a bit heavy-handed with the makeup. 

Board footera