You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 2, 2018 12:11 am  #1

Public male obs

Really interesting observation yesterday. My husband and I were taking the bus home, and we sat across from a middle-aged guy who struck up a conversation with us. I had the feeling he was a social person who had a hard life and is now pretty lonely, because he launched into a lot of detail about his personal life, his past, and his trip to the store. After he'd been talking to us for about 5 minutes, he started talking about an emotional event he'd witnessed, and he said to us, "I think I'm actually going to cry about this."

The whole thing was a bit uncomfortable, of course; this complete stranger was sharing really personal stuff with us and was about to break down. But honestly, I didn't mind listening to him talk at all. He was very friendly, even if he was being a bit socially awkward.

Anyway, as he predicted, he started to cry a few seconds later. He kept talking, but his eyes filled with tears and started to stream down his face. He wiped them away as they streamed steadily while he spoke. I didn't hear any catch in his voice, although he did pause a couple of times to take a deep breath. This went on for about 10 minutes, and eventually he gathered his composure and changed the subject - we reached our stop shortly thereafter. It was a fascinating experience.

July 2, 2018 9:21 am  #2

Re: Public male obs

Wow, striking up a conversation with a stranger on a bus is rare enough, but for them to open up like that sounds unbelievable.

Ugly crying is pretty crying

July 2, 2018 1:37 pm  #3

Last time I saw a male crying it was about half a year ago, he was sobbing histerically, had a flashback and a memory kicked in his tears, he did not talk much, he was sobbing loudly and he covered his face with his hands, so I could not see the tears. He cried for about 20 minutes like that, I was surprised a male could cry that much.

July 3, 2018 2:10 pm  #4

@Amans lacrimae - See? Now THAT I like! Where did this happen? Was he a veteran? Is that why he had a flashback? I would have loved to have been there to comfort him - that's what I really like to do. Have a man sob in my arms for a long period of time. It doesn't turn me on - I just like to comfort. I really like to see it on TV/screen...but they always cut it off just when the sobbing gets really long and loud. That is so frustrating for me. And I actually HAVE held guys who have cried for that long, if not longer. You guys can cry for just as long as we females can - but I will tell you, because most men DON'T cry often, when they finally let it out - it can be a LOT!  

July 3, 2018 2:28 pm  #5

In a countryside house, there are weekends for mental/spiritual healing, and a guy in his late 20´s mid 30´s, not veteran definitely, but he did not say what it was, maybe the person speaking touched a sensitive subject, when he dropped to his knees sobbing loudly, he was allowed to do so for a while, and after a few minutes one of the girls went and hugged him.

Board footera