You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 21, 2018 12:34 am  #1

Sudden Gina Obs

I had to make a detour yesterday from my plan to relax at home.  I just finished comforting my friend Gina after her fiance just called their wedding off.  She sounded frantic on the phone so I drove over because I was just worried she'd do something she'd regret, so I offered to let her stay for awhile.

When I got there, her mascara was running when she got in my car.. I drove her back to my place and she's been here ever since.  I'll put up a more detailed obs later, not a lot of time right now.

Today, we went to lunch, she isn't herself yet but she is better than she was last night.  We'll talk more tonight I suspect.

Update:  So she'll be staying the week, it seems.  Without going into too much detail, the person she thought would be ready to house her, isn't.

Update 2:  Took pic down due to her not ACTIVELY giving permission for it's use.  Oh well.

Last edited by Bartlebycs (September 21, 2018 5:14 am)

September 21, 2018 5:50 am  #2

Re: Sudden Gina Obs

That's really too bad about her wedding. Mascara running is a great tease. Looking forward to the obs'.

Ugly crying is pretty crying

September 22, 2018 1:30 am  #3

TorNorth wrote:

That's really too bad about her wedding. Mascara running is a great tease. Looking forward to the obs'.

He apparently never really felt comfortable with getting married to her, which is something he should have talked to her about before he proposed, before they told their family, and before she bought the dress.

She was on the phone with him, and he was trying to get her to talk to his mother because she was being too "unreasonable" and he thought his mom could calm her down for some reason.  We're arranging to have some of her essentials brought over so she at least has something.  She's going to use the closet in my moms old room for her clothes,   She'll be here with me until she finds other housing arrangements.

Right now I'm cooking some soup for us.  She says "Hi" ;)

September 23, 2018 2:10 am  #4

Gina Obs (Part 1):

Okay, sorry for the wait.  Things have been crazy.

So I told you Gina called me last night because her fiance had just called the wedding off and she was obviously really upset.  I drove over to her place(technically it's his place since they were living together) it was about a 30 minute drive.

She was waiting in the driveway, and she had her mascara running when she got into my car.  Her head was down most of the ride over with her hair kind of blocking my view of her, (I had to focus on driving, anyway)  But her sobs were loud and every time she'd take a deep breath, she would exhale in more sobs.

After we pull in to my driveway and got out of the car, I saw her better.  She had the mascara smear on her cheeks from wiping them, and her lips were turned down.  She was sniffling and her shoulders slightly shook with her sobs.
"You can hang out here for now." I told her.  Gina followed me to my front door, I opened it for her so she could go in first.  I held my hand on her back as she went up the steps in case she fell because she was crying hard now. 

I led her to the bathroom so she can clean up while I stood next to her to lend an ear.  She went for the tissues right away, looking at herself in the mirror as she started to wipe her makeup off.  I rubbed her back. 
She asked me if I had a Tylenol, I let her have an Advil. 

She was quiet for a moment, then she shook her head "I don't know what to do."  Gina started crying again,now her face was makeup free.  She cupped her hands to her faced so I saw her eyes get wet. I opened my arms and she stepped in, her face in my chest. 
"I don't know." she said quietly.
I was stroking her hair, letting her get it all out.  "I have nowhere to live."  I asked her if her family would take her in but she said they live far away and she couldn't leave her job right now.  (She works at a salon down on main street.  My other friend goes there all the time.) 

For now I didn't say anything.  I just held her.  We moved to the couch, with me guiding her with an arm around her shoulder and my hand gently holding her arm.  We resumed hugging when we sat down, she leaned over on me with her head on my shoulder.  

After more time, she was calmer, my shoulder covered in tears and drool, the area around her eyes were red. 

I asked if she needed anything.  "I just want to sleep."  It was a quarter to nine.  She removed her coat and I hung it up for her.  We talked it over and it was decided that for tonight she'd sleep in my bed while I used the couch out in the living room.  

Since then I cleared off mom's bed and currently letting her use that.

She's staying for the foreseeable future, or at least until she can make other arrangements.  Her family knows whats happening but none of them live nearby and can't come over right away.  Her brother and sister-in-law have been helping get her stuff out of her ex's house when they can.

I took her out to lunch Thursday and talked about anything I could to keep her mind off things.  Gina was very quiet most of the time, which was unusual for her, but I did get her to smile.

September 23, 2018 1:53 pm  #5

Bartlebycs wrote:

Gina Obs (Part 1):

She was waiting in the driveway, and she had her mascara running when she got into my car.  Her head was down most of the ride over with her hair kind of blocking my view of her, (I had to focus on driving, anyway)  But her sobs were loud and every time she'd take a deep breath, she would exhale in more sobs.

After we pull in to my driveway and got out of the car, I saw her better.  She had the mascara smear on her cheeks from wiping them, and her lips were turned down.  She was sniffling and her shoulders slightly shook with her sobs.
"You can hang out here for now." I told her.  Gina followed me to my front door, I opened it for her so she could go in first.  I held my hand on her back as she went up the steps in case she fell because she was crying hard now. 

I led her to the bathroom so she can clean up while I stood next to her to lend an ear.  She went for the tissues right away, looking at herself in the mirror as she started to wipe her makeup off.  I rubbed her back. 
She asked me if I had a Tylenol, I let her have an Advil. 

She was quiet for a moment, then she shook her head "I don't know what to do."  Gina started crying again,now her face was makeup free.  She cupped her hands to her faced so I saw her eyes get wet. I opened my arms and she stepped in, her face in my chest. 
"I don't know." she said quietly.
I was stroking her hair, letting her get it all out.  "I have nowhere to live."  I asked her if her family would take her in but she said they live far away and she couldn't leave her job right now.  (She works at a salon down on main street.  My other friend goes there all the time.) 

For now I didn't say anything.  I just held her.  We moved to the couch, with me guiding her with an arm around her shoulder and my hand gently holding her arm.  We resumed hugging when we sat down, she leaned over on me with her head on my shoulder.  

After more time, she was calmer, my shoulder covered in tears and drool, the area around her eyes were red. 

I took her out to lunch Thursday and talked about anything I could to keep her mind off things.  Gina was very quiet most of the time, which was unusual for her, but I did get her to smile.

Amazing obs man, so, when you arrived, was she wiping her mascara streaked tears or was she allowing her tears to roll unchecked down her cheeks? Did you notice how many streaks were visible on each cheek, or was face so smudged that individual tears were not visible?

When you walked her to the couch you had both her arms busy, I guess she allowed her tears to fall unchecked?

When she placed her head on your shoulder, she clearly let herself go, did you wipe her tears by any chance, did she put her cheek on yours, how many tears did she shed then, did they follow the same path or were several streaks visible?

September 23, 2018 2:27 pm  #6

Amans lacrimae wrote:

Amazing obs man, so, when you arrived, was she wiping her mascara streaked tears or was she allowing her tears to roll unchecked down her cheeks? Did you notice how many streaks were visible on each cheek, or was face so smudged that individual tears were not visible?

When you walked her to the couch you had both her arms busy, I guess she allowed her tears to fall unchecked?

When she placed her head on your shoulder, she clearly let herself go, did you wipe her tears by any chance, did she put her cheek on yours, how many tears did she shed then, did they follow the same path or were several streaks visible?

She was wiping in the car on the way,.so her face was pretty smudged up.

I was on the left side of her and had an arm around her shoulder and was holding her right arm with my left, She still had her left hand free and had it up by her face while she was sobbing.  

Yes our cheeks did touch, she was full-on crying it out so there were lots of tears, lots of shaking, lots of sniffling.  For over an hour just about.  I didn't wipe her tears then but her eyes, cheeks, nose, lips and chin were very wet when she finally pulled away.  And my right cheek and shoulder were soaked too.  She used more tissues to clean herself up.  That's when she said she wanted to get some sleep.

She's here for the next month at the very least.  If all goes well she wants to find an apartment in the complex nearby so she doesn't have to travel too far for her job.  I told her she could stay and she said if things don't work out otherwise, she will.  She likes feeling independent, though.

September 25, 2018 2:12 am  #7

Today was a bad day, she literally had a nervous breakdown so I'm on watch duty.  Nothing life-threatening, but I'll be checking up on her periodically all night.  

The good news is her Ex is going to let us move her stuff out, and she found a place that looks hopeful.

Update: Her brother took her in for the next couple months until she gets the apartment, just to give her more familiarity in her surroundings.  Not sure if I'm gonna post an obs of what happened.  She had to face down her Ex to get him to agree to let them go in and get her stuff.  I think it all became too much at once.  She was unsettlingly quiet on the drive back (she didn't want to stay and watch.) 

Suffice to say, soon after she had a really bad panic attack, hands shaking, barely able to speak, and unable to move on her own.  Like to the point where I was actually carrying her to the car so I can get her to the hospital.  They did tests and put her on medication, I called her brother to let him know.  Spent several hours there, we didn't get to go home until dark.

And then I was on self appointed watch duty all night through the morning, sitting with her while she slept.  (to make sure she didn't slip back into a panic attack.)  So I slept through the next day because I was tired.  
Her brother and his wife came over to pick her up the next morning.  Right now I'm still de-stressing.  Sorry guys.

Last edited by Bartlebycs (September 26, 2018 5:57 am)

Board footera