You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 26, 2018 10:01 pm  #1

Heard someone cry today

I was at work today in an area where there's a balcony level that's audible but not visible to anyone standing on the first floor. I heard a couple of people talking, and then I suddenly heard one loud vocalization. I at first assumed it was a woman laughing, but in the back of my mind, I thought that it almost sounded like a sob. About 15 seconds later, I heard a sharp inhalation, followed by another single loud sob, and I realized there was indeed someone crying. I think she was alone (the people talking were apparently unrelated, as they'd disappeared). Another 15-20 seconds later, she inhaled loudly twice. I then heard her break down in loud, low-pitched, rapid sobs as she continued walking out of my hearing range. Not sure what was going on, and it was definitely a stranger who was pretty removed from my work area, so I guess I will never know. It was lovely to hear, though. I hope she's all right now.

September 27, 2018 12:32 am  #2

Re: Heard someone cry today

Oooooo!!! I love hearing that sound!  Was it frustrating that you couldn't see who it was?  Did she sound young or old or couldn't you tell?

September 28, 2018 2:30 pm  #3

Re: Heard someone cry today

She sounded young. It wasn't that frustrating because I'm not sure exactly what I would have done if a stranger had started sobbing right in front of me. I know I fantasize about that, but in the moment it's often extremely uncomfortable. 

Board footera