You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 15, 2018 9:21 am  #1

Eyes watering in wind obs

As I said in my previous thread, I'll post a few obs here of a female friend whose eyes get really teary when there's a breeze blowing. We're quite good friends, and we meet almost twice a week every week, and at least a few times a month we catch up outdoors, and we live in a windy city so the odds that a breeze is blowing that brings her to tears are quite high. Of course it doesn't happen every single time (though I wish it does), but when her eyes do water, they water full on and don't just get slightly glassy or reddened.

After getting to know each other for a couple of months, we got to a point where we were comfortable with just the two of catching up and chatting. In our third or fourth meeting, we were sitting in the garden at her place. It had been raining the previous day and it was slightly cold. And it was pretty windy as well. We had been talking indoors as well, and we hadn't been chatting about anything emotional. When we went outside, we continued our conversation, and I noticed her eyes starting to fill up with tears. I asked her if she was crying. She laughed and told me that she wasn't crying, and that her eyes always watered when it was windy and cold (and not just when it's cold, I've seen her eyes water in perfectly fine weather, all it takes is a gust to blow across her face). She told me that she was used to it, and asked me if it made me feel awkward seeing her with tears in her eyes. I said no, not at all and she just smiled and wiped her eyes. We talked for almost an hour after that sitting in the garden, and her eyes were constantly watering, and she kept wiping, though there were several occasions when I could see the tears in her eyes. Interestingly, throughout this conversation, only once did a tear actually come out of her eyes (it was out of her left eye), but she wiped it before it could run down her cheek. But that was because she kept wiping and blinking her eyes. Speaking of which, I had to keep blinking as well because even though she and I had become good friends even then, I wasn't comfortable letting her see my tears. But I did briefly mention to her that my eyes were like that as well, and that they water too in such weather. After I went home, I couldn't stop thinking of our conversation for days, with images of her tear filled eyes just flashing across my mind constantly. She has really beautiful dark eyes, and they're quite the sight to behold when filled with tears. And since the conversation happened during the day, there was sunlight (even though the day was a bit cloudy, but it wasn't too dark), I got to see some beautiful reflections in her eyes.

I think this post has become too long. I have so many similar ones with this friend. I've known her for almost three years now, and I've lost count of how many times I've seen her lovely eyes glisten with wind-induced (lol, I don't know if that's even a legit term) tears! And on numerous occasions, the tears haven't just stayed in her eyes, they've run down her cheeks as well, and I'll post some obs with that. And many of the obs have my eyes watering as well. Anyway, I'll stop right there. Please share similar obs if you have any.

November 15, 2018 9:55 am  #2

Re: Eyes watering in wind obs

Here's the obs of the first time I saw tears really run down her cheeks, though there was one occasion when a tear made it about half way down her cheek before she wiped it, and of the first time I let her see my eyes water.

The weather conditions were similar, though this time it was much more sunny. It was an afternoon in winter. We were just having one of our conversations. We'd just had lunch together at her house again, and we went into the garden to have a chat. At this point, we'd had a few other, shorter outdoor meetings where her eyes had watered, so I was used to seeing it now. Initially, it wasn't too windy. Then, after a while, the wind started to pick up and my friend's eyes started tearing up slowly. At this time, my eyes were starting to itch a little bit, and I was actually telling myself to let my eyes water without blinking the tears away as I normally do. And I'll never forget what happened next. Though she usually wipes her eyes when they reach the verge of overflowing, she kept her hands away from her eyes. So, her eyes were really full, and thanks to where she was sitting and the lighting, the reflections in her eyes were spectacular. She was just staring at me blankly with her beautiful dark eyes swimming in tears (excuse the bad poetry lol). This probably is a huge reason why I like tear-filled eyes perhaps to a degree even more than I like running tears, unlike many on this forum. And as I looked at her, I felt my eyes watering too (not due to any emotion, just the cold and the wind), and I let them water without blinking back the tears. Seeing my eyes fill up, she looked away and blinked, sending the tears cascading down her face as she smiled. She jokingly said to me, "Are you crying because I'm crying?" And we just laughed. I told her I didn't want her to cry alone and that I was letting my eyes water just to make her feel better (though neither of us was really crying emotionally). And I actually was slightly embarrassed and turned away for a moment to wipe my eyes (they were on the verge of overflowing), and I actually missed seeing a couple more tears make it onto her cheeks (I knew they'd run down because the tear streaks on her face were more wet than they'd been before and the tears that had filled her eyes after the first ones had run down were now gone). After that she wiped both her cheeks with her hands. We actually talked about tears for a while after that, both of us still tearing up every now and then whenever the wind picked up. We both wiped our eyes more often for the rest of that afternoon, and though her eyes did well up a couple of times, that first time when she was just staring right at me with those sparkling tears is just something that's etched in my memory forever (even though there have been times when I've seen even more tears fill her eyes and run down her face).

And even though I have plenty more obs of her with even more tears, this is outright my favorite. I'll next post a slightly different obs, one not involving the weather but onions.

November 15, 2018 10:31 am  #3

Sorry if I'm making too many posts, guess it's just the excitement of being new and the problem of not getting too many days where I have free time like I do today. It could be days before I log back in again, so I'll just post a few of my favorite obs with my best friend (yeah, well, I haven't really called her that, not on the obs above, and actually never in real life either, but I can't think of a friend closer than her, and writing those obs almost helped me realize how close we are).

This is one where it wasn't the wind that was making us cry, but onions. That's right, good old onions! We were at my place this time and it was in the evening. We were making dinner and I was cutting onions. And my eyes started to burn and water a lot, so much so that I had to actually move away for a bit (those were some strong onions lol and my eyes are very sensitive as well!). My friend was making fun of me and asked, "Are you getting emotional?" I just smiled and wiped my eyes. She offered to cut the remainder of the onions and I gladly obliged. She said something like, "This is going to be a tearful evening, and we're not even out in the cold!" (I'm paraphrasing, probably not her exact words). And a tearful evening it was! Seconds after she started chopping the onions, she looked at me, tears filling her eyes like water filling a swimming pool! She said something like, "These onions are really nasty!", and a few seconds later, she too had to turn away from the onions, shutting her eyes, with tears streaming down her face! The amount of tears she shed was just amazing! At the same time, there were tears going straight down her cheeks, and also tears coming out of the inner corners of her eyes and running down her nose from both eyes. She didn't wipe them, and she continued to cut the onions, more tears running down her face. It was a bit painful to watch, and I actually walked up to her and put my arm around her shoulder, the onions mercilessly stinging my eyes too as I approached. I for the first time that day let tears run down my cheeks in front of her. If I remember correctly, tears ran down my nose from my left eye and down my cheek from my right eye. And through all this, we were both actually laughing. This would be my favorite obs, but some of the downsides are:

It was painful (those onions really burned our eyes).

Because of that, I couldn't really see her eyes just filled with tears. Her tears were flowing too fast and she kept blinking and my were watering too, so I couldn't hold them open long enough to look directly into her eyes.

Her eyes got quite red, which is something I don't find as attractive as crystal clear eyes with tears. Usually, when her eyes water due to the wind, they don't turn red that quickly, and the crystal clear tears in her crystal clear eyes are way more beautiful than tears in bloodshot eyes (even though tears are tears and are still beautiful).

Nevertheless, this obs was one of our most tearful (yes, there is at least one windy weather obs that I can think of where she shed more tears than in this one, and it lasted much longer and I could look right into her eyes as they filled with tears unlike in this one, and there is this one time when she actually emotionally cried, and I can tell you, this girl's eyes are streams when she cries emotionally, and it's all the more beautiful because she doesn't sob much, making it easier to just stare into her tear-filled eyes as she weeps). I'll post those two later, and now I'll probably post a couple of my girlfriend's contact lens stories.

November 15, 2018 5:05 pm  #4

Wow, I wish I had a friend who could tear up so easily. I really loved the obs about the onions, how she had tears streaming unchecked down her face, how many streaks were visible, or was the amount of tears so abundant that single streaks were no longer visible?

I wonder how you could refrain yourself from wiping her tear streaked face, it’s one of the best things you can feel.

November 15, 2018 9:24 pm  #5

Amans lacrimae wrote:

Wow, I wish I had a friend who could tear up so easily.

Haha! I know. But you have your own beautiful wife who cries so much in front of you (your obs are great, by the way!).  For me, before I met this friend (I've known for almost 3 years), I went about 7 whole years during which I didn't have a single real life crying obs (except for the one with the girl crying in the bus, which I've written about on the crushes crying thread). And before that, I had this high school crush who loved crying on cue and was very comfortable doing it in front of me, of whom also I've written in the crushes crying thread. But there was this several year period between high school and the time I met my best friend (I met her before meeting my girlfriend) that I had only one real life obs.

Amnas lacrimae wrote:

I really loved the obs about the onions, how she had tears streaming unchecked down her face, how many streaks were visible, or was the amount of tears so abundant that single streaks were no longer visible?

I'd say 5 streaks were visible (3 down her right cheek, two down her left). There was a streak down either cheek, one down each nose, and one more down her right cheek. The part just under her right eye was quite wet and it was from there that the tears took two different paths down her right cheek. Even though her face was quite wet, you could still see the individual streaks (and I like that much better than a wet face, which I've never actually seen in real life, maybe in a few videos). Her eyelashes were pretty wet with tears. And one thing that for me personally is incredible is that she doesn't wear much makeup, especially around her eyes, (and neither does my girlfriend or my high school crush, and that's not really a coincidence, I actually like girls that wear minimal to no makeup, which is one of the reasons I got pretty close to these girls in the first place and ended up falling in love with my girlfriend), and therefore, it's all just pure, clear tears with no smeared makeup or anything. And that's the way I like it.

Amnas lacrimae wrote:

I wonder how you could refrain yourself from wiping her tear streaked face, it’s one of the best things you can feel.

I'm personally not very comfortable touching any girl except my girlfriend. There are the occasional hugs and pats on the shoulder, especially with my best friend, but that's about it. I know that wiping tears is an incredible feeling, and I wipe my girlfriend's tears whenever she cries or puts in her contacts (you should read that obs if you haven't already).

November 16, 2018 1:44 pm  #6

Now for perhaps the longest and most tearful obs I've had with my best friend. This happened fairly recently, about a couple of months, maybe three months ago. It was a pretty cool and windy day. My girlfriend had gone out of town for the weekend, and I was bored. So, I just called my friend and asked her if we could catch up, and she said yes. I drove over to her place. I had some of her books with me that I wanted to return so I had taken them along. I usually park across the street from her house. Since I had to carry the books in (and there were many), she came out to give me a hand. It was pretty windy even then, and I could see her eyes water. Mine were slightly tearing up as well. As we walked into her house, I noticed that her eyes were really full and on the verge of overflowing. She didn't wipe her eyes (she hardly ever does these days until the tears make it onto her cheeks). Instead, she blinked, and a couple of tears, one from each eye, fell onto her cheeks. I said something like, "Crying already?" or "A tearful start to the day?", as she gently ran her fingers across her cheeks to wipe the tears. She said something like, "It seems like today is going to be a tearful day unless you want to stay indoors". Of course I didn't want to stay indoors. Our favorite spot to hang out is her garden. There's a bench there that we usually sit on.

After helping her pack away the books I'd brought, and after making ourselves some nice, warm tea for the relatively cold day, we headed into the garden. The breeze was still blowing, and it would continue to do so for a long time. We took our usual spot on the bench, our cups in our hands. Both of us were tearing up due to the weather, she as usual more rapidly than me. This time, as her eyes filled with tears, I chose to not say anything about the tears, and she didn't say anything about my watery eyes either (we're both used to seeing each other's eyes water, so we hardly acknowledge it except on the rare occasion). We started talking about just life in general, what we'd been up to since the last time we'd met, slowly sipping the tea. By now, a few tears had already fallen from her eyes, and because she was holding her cup with both hands, she didn't wipe them for a while before bending her head a little and wiping her left cheek on her shoulder. My eyes were pretty watery, but I hadn't let any tears run down my cheeks, I'd been wiping with my left hand while holding my cup in my right.

As we continued our conversation, I eventually let the first tear roll down my nose from my left eye. My friend on the other hand had tears trickling down both cheeks at regular intervals. We kept talking, still practically ignoring each other's tears, and our own too (though I was wiping each tear as it made it onto my cheek or my nose). And our conversation continued. She got a text, and had to look at her phone, and that was when she got a bit annoyed at her tears and asked me to get some tissues from the house (she hardly uses tissues, she usually wipes her tears with her fingers, but this was an exceptionally windy day so her eyes were watering more than usual). I went and brought the tissues, and decided to grab one for myself, just to blow my nose. She blew her nose as well, and wiped both her eyes and the tears on her cheeks with a tissue. I was actually glad that she did because her face had got quite wet and it was getting hard to see the individual tear streaks on her cheeks. And her eyes weren't filling up as much as they did at the start (which makes sense because we were close to three quarters of an hour into our conversation).

For the next several minutes, her eyes still watered, and she continued to use the tissues to wipe them without letting the tears run down her face. I went and fetched some water for both of us, and we drank. At this point, I think she said that her eyes were feeling pretty dry and she felt as if she had no tears left to cry. I was feeling the same way, even though my eyes were still watering. We finally decided to go back in because the weather was taking its toll on our eyes.

As we walked into the house, she looked at me and said that we needed to give each other a hug after such a tearful conversation. And we hugged. It was a nice, warm hug. As I let go of her, I saw that her eyes were once again filled with tears even though we were now indoors away from the cold and the wind. For a moment, I thought that she was actually crying emotionally, and I asked her, "Hey, are you actually crying?". She said, "No, it's just that my eyes hurt. We probably shouldn't have done that, sitting out in the cold for that long."  A teardrop made it onto her nose, and she wiped it with her tissue, and then went into the bathroom and washed her entire face. I followed suit, and there were no tears for the next couple of hours.

We had lunch together, and then I was getting ready to head back home at around half past two. She walked with me to my car, and the wind got her again. Her eyes started to water once again, but this time she was started to wipe them instantly with her fingers. But as I sat down in the car and waved her goodbye, I saw both her beautiful, dark eyes filled with tears. With that ended my longest and most tearful obs till date.

While that sounds really awesome, it is absolutely no fun sitting in rough weather with your eyes constantly watering for almost an hour. It's actually quite hard on the eyes, and it's possible to get dehydrated if you're not careful. And after a while, her eyes also got pretty red, which I don't find as attractive as clear eyes, and like I mentioned earlier, her face became pretty wet making it hard to see individual tear streaks. So, I personally prefer short, less painful obs with tears filling clear eyes and maybe but not necessarily running down the cheeks (though that's a nice icing on the cake).

November 16, 2018 1:55 pm  #7

I guess it can be quite a pain having the wind blowing on your eyes for a long time. I remember reading you had never seen so many tears that individual streaks were no longer visible, so this was the first time she shed such an amount of teardrops that several streaks were on her cheeks?

November 16, 2018 2:10 pm  #8

Amans lacrimae wrote:

I guess it can be quite a pain having the wind blowing on your eyes for a long time. I remember reading you had never seen so many tears that individual streaks were no longer visible, so this was the first time she shed such an amount of teardrops that several streaks were on her cheeks?

Yes, but it wasn't simply because of the quantity of tears. Sure, she did shed a lot of tears, but it was more due to the way she wiped her tears. She didn't wipe her cheeks fully. She'd usually just wipe the actual drop, and the rest of the streak just remains, and when it is half dry, new streaks start forming, while the odd tear still runs down the old one. I'm not sure if I'm explaining it clearly. You have to see it to understand. Like, the wetness wasn't due to the rate at which the tears came (there were only about two, maybe three tears every minute), but due to her wiping them improperly. When I said I've never seen a wet face, I meant it in the sense that I've never seen tears flow so rapidly that the face becomes wet as a result. But this was definitely the most I've seen her, or anybody else cry (though it technically wasn't crying).

November 17, 2018 2:30 pm  #9

Not sure if this counts as a real obs, but I'll post it anyway. I was at a park a couple of days ago with some friends. There were a couple of girls next to where we were standing. One of the girls kept wiping her eyes for some reason. I didn't really see any actual tears in her eyes, and it didn't seem like she was crying (in fact, she giggled a couple of times and her friend seemed happy too). I kept looking, hoping I'd catch a glimpse of her eyes watering, but unfortunately it didn't happen. And they walked away after a while. It was quite a cold day, so it is possible that her eyes were reacting to the cold (mine didn't really water because it wasn't windy, and usually it takes at least a gentle breeze to get my eyes to tear up). But it could have been just her rubbing her eyes and not really wiping tears.

November 17, 2018 3:41 pm  #10

We may never know, I guess there was no way for you to know if she was crying or not, if she was smiling or giggling I have seen people cry because they are laughing so hard that tears spill over.

Board footera