You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 1, 2019 3:37 am  #1

Crying to sleep

I have an intermittent problem with insomnia and it can be frustrating. Last night I wanted to go to sleep early because I was really exhausted. I got into bed at 8pm, while my wife was still doing some work in another room. My room was dark and quiet, with a comfortable mattress, I was warm, everything was perfect but I couldn't sustain sleep. I'd drift in and out of sleep every 10-20 minutes, and the hours kept passing and I was getting more and more tired and more and more annoyed. Finally I heard my wife creep into the room as quietly as possible. I looked at the clock and saw that it was 1:30 AM and I just yelled in frustration, which totally freaked her out because she thought I was asleep. She took one look at my face and must have instantly seen that I was about to cry (this has happened before) so she immediately jumped on top of me and hugged me tight, which triggered the waterworks. I started sobbing loudly, with my left cheek pressed against hers. We stayed like this for about 30 seconds, she then kissed my left cheek a couple times and rolled off me to the side. Then I moved on top of her with my left cheek against her right upper chest for another round of sobbing, loudly, with an open mouth and tears rolling over my nose and onto her t-shirt. I stopped sobbing, then started again and stopped again a few times in the same position. She was kissing my hair, stroking my right cheek and my back comfortingly. This lasted about 5 minutes. Once I had stopped, she got up to turn off some of the lights in the other room, while I grabbed a tissue and thoroughly wiped my tears and nose. I heard her go into the bathroom and I lay back down again. I heard her start to brush her teeth, and that's the last thing I remember, and I woke up this morning feeling pretty okay. 

My wife is a saint. I feel bad for her though because she spent like an hour trying to get our baby to sleep, and then she had to deal with my outburst. Crying yourself to sleep works, apparently.

March 1, 2019 3:15 pm  #2

Re: Crying to sleep

truffle wrote:

I have an intermittent problem with insomnia and it can be frustrating. Last night I wanted to go to sleep early because I was really exhausted. I got into bed at 8pm, while my wife was still doing some work in another room. My room was dark and quiet, with a comfortable mattress, I was warm, everything was perfect but I couldn't sustain sleep. I'd drift in and out of sleep every 10-20 minutes, and the hours kept passing and I was getting more and more tired and more and more annoyed. Finally I heard my wife creep into the room as quietly as possible. I looked at the clock and saw that it was 1:30 AM and I just yelled in frustration, which totally freaked her out because she thought I was asleep. She took one look at my face and must have instantly seen that I was about to cry (this has happened before) so she immediately jumped on top of me and hugged me tight, which triggered the waterworks. I started sobbing loudly, with my left cheek pressed against hers. We stayed like this for about 30 seconds, she then kissed my left cheek a couple times and rolled off me to the side. Then I moved on top of her with my left cheek against her right upper chest for another round of sobbing, loudly, with an open mouth and tears rolling over my nose and onto her t-shirt. I stopped sobbing, then started again and stopped again a few times in the same position. She was kissing my hair, stroking my right cheek and my back comfortingly. This lasted about 5 minutes. Once I had stopped, she got up to turn off some of the lights in the other room, while I grabbed a tissue and thoroughly wiped my tears and nose. I heard her go into the bathroom and I lay back down again. I heard her start to brush her teeth, and that's the last thing I remember, and I woke up this morning feeling pretty okay. 

My wife is a saint. I feel bad for her though because she spent like an hour trying to get our baby to sleep, and then she had to deal with my outburst. Crying yourself to sleep works, apparently.

I can imagine how she freaked, hearing a yell in the middle of the night, but then again, I guess she saw your glistening eyes, maybe pouty lips, nose or cheeks more red than usual.
Nice details kissing and wiping your tears, stroking your back, hugging you tight, plus taking care of the baby. Guess you left a patch of tears in her t-shirt.

Have a wonderful weekend.

Board footera