You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 5, 2019 4:41 pm  #1

Preferences changing over time

Over the years, my crying preferences have undergone some minor changes. At first, anything less than tears coming out of the middle of the eye and running straight down the cheeks was never good enough. Over time, I kind of stopped minding what path the tears took as long as they flowed down the face in some way, either right down the cheeks or down the nose or out of the outer corners of the eyes and down the side of the face. Then, all of a sudden, I started really appreciating the beauty of tear filled eyes, especially in good lighting with nice reflections, and now I even prefer tear filled eyes with good reflections to tears streaming down the face. Of course, I still like running tears, but my preferences have broadened and become more accommodating over the years.

So, how have your preferences changed over time, if at all? Have they become more broad like mine, or have they become more restrictive? Interested in hearing people's thoughts.

June 5, 2019 5:16 pm  #2

Re: Preferences changing over time

My preferences haven't really changed much. Maybe I have also become less picky about the path the tears take down the face, but I don't really remember a time when I was too picky about the tears having to run down straight from the middle of the eyes. As long as tears are flowing unchecked, I just like it, and in fact, I find tears flowing down multiple streams are very attractive. And while eyes merely filled with tears without any tears running down the face are still pretty, they often leave me more disappointed than I'd be if there were no tears at all. That's just my two cents. I too will be interested to know what others think.

June 5, 2019 9:51 pm  #3

My preferences have stayed the same, but I've learned to appreciate other aspects of crying since I became a part of this community. For example, I now appreciate tears.

Ugly crying is pretty crying

June 6, 2019 7:47 am  #4

There have been no significant changes to my preferences. I've always liked tears running down the cheeks unchecked. My specific preference for tears of joy developed a bit recently, though, like within the last couple of years. I don't know if that counts as a change of preference, because unchecked tears are still the main thing, smile or no smile, and a smile just makes it even better, while the lack of one doesn't make it worse or anything.

Tears of joy are beautiful.

June 6, 2019 5:22 pm  #5

I haven't had any significant changes to my preferences. It has always been a single tear or two tears running from the eye down the middle of the cheek. It doesn't have to fall all the way down nor does it have to be at the same speed. Although too slow and I do get a bit impatient!

Security will run you down hard
And I will lead them on a merry chase

June 6, 2019 6:13 pm  #6

When I was about 12-13 years old, my preferences used to be identical to reptongeek’s. Just silent tears rolling down female (and male) cheeks. My preferences changed as I got older and now I love the sounds and facial expressions of hard intense crying. I’m now more focused on the emotions than the visuals.

My wife also sobs easily. I think after I met her, hard crying just became much more attractive because she makes it so attractive.

So now I like basically everything except excessive snot.

I would be really curious to see if anyone’s interests have narrowed instead of broadening like mine.

I'm a woman and I think women are beautiful when they cry.

June 7, 2019 1:53 pm  #7

Interesting responses. While my interests have broadened in terms of what I like about watching someone cry, there are other ways in which they have narrowed.

One sense in which my preferences have narrowed is that when I was younger, especially when watching YouTube videos (and on the rare occasion in real life as well), I didn't really mind what was causing the tears as long as there were tears. But over time I realised that some of the videos I was watching had people crying in real pain, and I wasn't okay with that. That's what got me into reaction videos and monologues.

And another sense in which my preferences have narrowed (or perhaps shifted would be more appropriate) is with regards to the age of the girls I preferred to see cry. Until I turned 18 (which was a few years ago), I didn't mind, and in fact often preferred, girls in the age range of about 15-19, but after becoming an adult, now I'd say the age range I prefer would be 20-30, though I don't mind watching older women (not much older, probably not older than 40) cry as long as they are attractive enough.

June 7, 2019 5:34 pm  #8

SparklingEyes wrote:

Interesting responses. While my interests have broadened in terms of what I like about watching someone cry, there are other ways in which they have narrowed.

One sense in which my preferences have narrowed is that when I was younger, especially when watching YouTube videos (and on the rare occasion in real life as well), I didn't really mind what was causing the tears as long as there were tears. But over time I realised that some of the videos I was watching had people crying in real pain, and I wasn't okay with that. That's what got me into reaction videos and monologues.

And another sense in which my preferences have narrowed (or perhaps shifted would be more appropriate) is with regards to the age of the girls I preferred to see cry. Until I turned 18 (which was a few years ago), I didn't mind, and in fact often preferred, girls in the age range of about 15-19, but after becoming an adult, now I'd say the age range I prefer would be 20-30, though I don't mind watching older women (not much older, probably not older than 40) cry as long as they are attractive enough.

I can very much relate to this. I turned 18 just a few weeks ago, but for the last year or so, I've been preferring seeing girls at least my age and not any younger cry. And I also relate to the first part of what you've said, though in a slightly different sense. Because I was cautious to avoid getting caught by my parents (though I eventually did get caught), I would always mute the videos before watching. And because of this, I've watched videos, especially in languages I don't understand, of girls crying for extremely sad and painful reasons like depression, serious illness, loss of a loved one, etc. On one side, I thought ignorance was bliss. But my conscience eventually got the better of me (and I'm glad it did), and I started looking up the video titles and descriptions on Google Translate, and found out that a few (thankfully only a few) of my previously favorite videos were actually women crying for serious reasons like those mentioned earlier. There was one video of a girl who was depressed which was extremely tearful, she had a tear running down her face almost every 2 seconds for almost 15 minutes, and there was another very tearful one of a woman who'd had a stillbirth. As beautiful as the tears were, I removed these from my playlists and deleted the copies I'd downloaded, because I just couldn't find any kind of pleasure in someone's very real pain. Anyway, I just wanted to say that I could relate to what you've said. Sorry it turned into a small rant.

June 7, 2019 5:41 pm  #9

JohnstonWalker wrote:

There have been no significant changes to my preferences. I've always liked tears running down the cheeks unchecked. My specific preference for tears of joy developed a bit recently, though, like within the last couple of years. I don't know if that counts as a change of preference, because unchecked tears are still the main thing, smile or no smile, and a smile just makes it even better, while the lack of one doesn't make it worse or anything.

Also, this slipped my mind when I first responded. When I first started looking on the internet for crying related content, before I discovered YouTube, I used to simply google for images. And my favorite kind of images were extreme closeups and macros of eyes filled with tears. I remember that I wasn't a big fan of photos that had tears on the face but the eyes were dry, they looked so fake whereas I liked photos that had tear filled eyes even if there were no tears on the face, thought my favorites in addition to eye closeups were photos of girls with tear filled eyes and tears on their cheeks. It was when I started watching videos that I stopped being interested in solely tear filled eyes and started giving importance to running tears. These days, I rarely look at still images, though I do take screenshots of my favorite moments from videos I watch.

June 7, 2019 10:26 pm  #10

I've honestly thought for quite a bit about this, and I think my tastes have slightly broadened over time in certain ways. I remember when I was first exploring this side of my sexuality, my tissue/handkerchief fixation was primarily for drying of the eyes, not for nose blowing. After a few years passed, though, I began to appreciate nose blowing as well as eye wiping with tissues. The major frustration, though, when seeking those kinds of videos out, is that so many of the nose blow collections on YouTube focus on nose blowing from sneezing or allergies, not from crying.

Also, I can't remember if sobbing was always a thing I focused on as much, but it sure is now!

Board footera