You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 29, 2012 1:36 am  #1

Touching gifts

Well, since the board has been pretty dead lately, I thought I'd post a new topic.  I am very interested in sentimental gifts... not only are they fun to make, but they sometimes have the effect of making someone misty-eyed or even result in the shedding of a tear or two... and who could complain about that!

So I'm wondering if anyone has any crying stories related to giving (or receiving) sentimental gifts -- please describe the actual gifts in detail as well, so we can all learn what types of gifts make people cry.

July 29, 2012 9:51 pm  #2

Re: Touching gifts

MY. FAVORITE. I've never experienced this myself, but I'd very much like to someday!

It is such a secret place, the land of tears.
-- Antoine de Saint Exupery, "The Little Prince"

July 30, 2012 8:53 pm  #3

Does giving my wife a wedding ring and asking her to marry me count! Huge smile on her face with tears rolling down her cheeks in the middle of a resturant - Lovely 
I've also given my wife a christmas card with just the right words in it which has reduced her to happy tears.

My wife's niece also made a special bracklet keep sake type gift which made my wife cry unexpectedly - quite a few tears - her niece wonder what she had done wrong (she was about 17 at time).

Also not sure if this count as it's not really a physical gift but when we asked a friend to be our daugthers godmother she started crying - my wife started crying as well, nice to watch to women with happy tears rolling down their cheeks at the same time 

July 31, 2012 2:12 am  #4

Great stories!  I am trying to think of ones myself.  I'm sure I've welled up a bit at some of my husband's gifts, such as personal poems and that sort of romantic thing.  The right words really do have the power to melt a person... the better you know the person, the easier it is to find that sweet spot.

Board footera