You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 8, 2012 1:13 pm  #1

Observation? IDK

I was at the bus stop today, and I saw a young woman who was sniffing rapidly while breathing out in gasps, the kind of sound that some women make when they are crying. She pulled out some tissues and started blowing her nose with it. She looked the other way and appeared to wipe her cheeks, even though I saw no visible tears earlier. There was no change in her expression, so I concluded that she had a cold or an allergy.

Then her boyfriend came back and started stroking the sides of her head, the way you do when you are comforting someone. They had a brief argument. She sounded upset but not tearful. The whole thing seemed to be resolved, however. By the time they were getting on the bus she was smiling broadly.

Sooo....no clue. 

Last edited by TorNorth (August 8, 2012 1:13 pm)

Ugly crying is pretty crying

August 8, 2012 6:50 pm  #2

Re: Observation? IDK

Interesting. I've definitely done double-takes before when I've seen someone sniffling, only to realize that they probably just have a cold or allergies. That must have been frustrating, though, that you couldn't tell whether or not she was actually crying!

August 10, 2012 9:44 pm  #3

Re: Observation? IDK

I agree with carrotcake. Though that sounds like a interesting observations. Thanks for sharing TorNorth.

Board footera