You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 29, 2012 6:02 pm  #1

breakup

Hi guys,
I haven't been posting much recently for two reasons. 1) I've been working a regular job and spent most of my free time with my boyfriend, so I didn't have much alone time. 2) My boyfriend and I broke up a few days ago. We both cried buckets because we didn't want to leave each other, but for various reasons, this is the way it has to be right now. I'm not going to go into a lot of detail because it's personal. But I've been crying (or feeling like crying, or trying not to cry) a lot lately.

I'll probably be around more when I go back to school.

It is such a secret place, the land of tears.
-- Antoine de Saint Exupery, "The Little Prince"

August 29, 2012 8:34 pm  #2

Re: breakup

I'm sending sympathetic thoughts.  I know how hard it is to do something like this, especially when you know it's right but it feels wrong.

"We have our stalking memories, and they will demand their rightful tears."
Anonymous

August 29, 2012 10:58 pm  #3

Sorry about your breakup.  I hope you can remain friends without it being too hard.  I also won't get into my own circumstances, but it was hard for me and my umm, "crying buddy" (the guy who let me make him cry!) to hang out like friends for a long time after our relationship ended.  We had to make a really clean, distant break in order to end it and finally get through to the other side.  Years later, we're friends, though mostly in spirit as there are now various reasons that we can't really hang out in person.   But I would still call him a good friend, for sure -- a good friend with complications. 

August 30, 2012 6:33 am  #4

I'm sorry about the breakup. I hope things get better, thanks for sharing the obs, hugs.

August 30, 2012 7:16 pm  #5

Sending huge hugs meantangerine, a tough time for sure. Hope things get a bit easier for you soon.

September 2, 2012 9:22 pm  #6

Thanks for the support. I appreciate it.

September 3, 2012 5:27 am  #7

I'm sorry, meantangerine. That's a tough thing. Big hugs.

Last edited by carrotcake (September 3, 2012 5:28 am)

September 9, 2012 12:38 am  #8

Hey, I realize this is a late reply, but I'm really sorry . Breakups suck. I hope things are going okay!

Last edited by PaperThings (September 9, 2012 12:38 am)

September 11, 2012 1:30 am  #9

Thanks, everyone. I'm hanging on alright. It still feels like we're in tune with each other, even though we haven't spoken (just a couple texts and an email) for about 2 1/2 weeks. Whenever I feel like I'm going to lose it without him, it turns out he's thinking about me too. One time I was crying in my bed, missing him, and then I got a text from him with an old inside joke. Then last night I was crying again (heartbroken sobbing kind of crying), and I find out today that he was about to call me around that time, but he got a call from home instead, so had to talk to his parents. I sure wish he had called, just for comfort's sake, but I think if I had cried on the phone it would have been counterproductive. We're trying to salvage a friendship, slowly and carefully.

I just really miss chatting with him about nothing in particular. That's caused the biggest void.

September 15, 2012 3:13 am  #10

can absolutely relate...

I'm going through similar sh*t at the moment ;-((

Board footera