You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 4, 2012 9:24 pm  #1

Observation (male - self & female)

Ok, (deep breath) - I've finally decided to post this observation(s) but as I start to recall the event(s) and think what to say (and not say) the tears are once again rolling down my face - this could take me a while!

I'm not going to go into much detail regarding the cause, however I will say that the last few weeks mark a major anniversary of a tragic event in our life - the female observation is my wife!

As this anniversary approached I've felt my emotions building inside me, although I've felt it important to mark this date, I've also been dreading it. I knew it was going to be hard, I knew at some point I was certain to cry, but I don't think I expected it to hit me quite as hard as it has - the last few weeks have been very tough for me - and I guess they continue to be as I find myself crying again now - where is a female crying / comforting fetish lover when you need them!

Over the last 3 weeks or so I've probably cried a dozen times, although some run together and I've not had the energy to count them all exactly. This does not count the times when my eyes have filled with tears but not fallen down my face. I'm only going to mention two events here and my wifes (if you don't count the present).

The first event occured the day before the actual anniversary date, I was on the train heading home from work. I was on an earlier train that usual (thankfully, as you tend to meet the same people every day usually) as I had booked a couple of days off work because I knew work was the last thing I wanted to be bothered with. The train tends to be a place where you have nothing to do and it tends to be a place where I end up thinking about stuff. Not surprisingly my thoughts turned to the next few days. A very deep feeling of saddness seamed to radiate from my chest to every part of my body. I felt myself give a big sigh as my bottom lip trembled. My vision immediately became blurry and before I had a chance to even think about trying to control my emotions huge tears streamed down my cheeks. The train was very quiet (it was before the evening rush) but a woman (I guess in her early thirties) was sitting opposite me, facing me in a group of four seats. Thankfully this was the only person nearby! And although I immediately wiped the tears that had just fallen she noticed straight away that I was upset. She lent forward and very softly said, "can I help?" - even in my emotional state I picked up on this question, it was not "are you ok", as I was clearly not, but "can I help". Unfortunately, this had the effect of making me cry more, I really did not have much fight in me. Fresh tears began to fall as I stuggled not to completely lose it - I could feel I was on the verge of sobbing. As I tried to speak my bottom lip tembled and half gasped, half whispered the reason why I was crying. Not sure why I told her straight off but I did. She sympathised with my reasons for crying and we talked a bit - not much detail, but as we talked I continued to cry. The tears would not stop - and I was trying believe me! I tried to wipe most of them away, but several fell unchecked and dripped off my chin, my face was soaking wet. My bottom lip trembled way more than usual and my voice was so wobbly - I found it very difficult to say much. I got off before she did, I thanked her for her understanding and compassion but as I stepped off the train I left embarrased for my loss of control. I had a 20 minute walk up the road to home and I found myself still very emotional almost all the way home. I had it almost together when I got home, my wife noticed immediately that things where not good - but to prevent me from breaking down again I said I wanted to watch some TV and not talk about it right way.

The second event occured the very next day, as my wife and I marked this anniversary I felt the same feelings of deep sadness, but as it was just my wife and I it was ok for me to completely let go. My wife actually started crying first, I saw her bite her bottom lip and noticed tears forming in her eyes. She looked up and as she did so her mouth wobbled and a tear slowly rolled down her cheek. She looked so sad, this was the trigger that started my crying. Tears streamed down my face again. Unlike the day before on the train - this time I did not attempt to control my emotions. It has been years since I've cried so hard! My shoulders began to shake uncontrollably, I began to sob loudly. I put my hand to my mouth partly to suppress the sound but partly to hide my controrted mouth. These are things which hardly ever happen when I cry. Tears poured down my face. I could not speak, no audible words where possible. I was vaguely aware that my wife was by this time also crying hard. As we held each other I could hear her sobbing and feel her body shake. We cried together without saying a word for what seamed ages but I guess it was only 10 minutes or so. We eventully went back to our car and sat for a while, talking and crying - but not as intense as before. we both had tear splashes over our t-shirts and we must have looked a sight. I noticed my wifes eyes were very red and swollen, which is unusal for her. But, I noticed in the mirror as I drove away my eyes where just as red looking. As I drove the odd tear continued to leak from my eyes, I watched several in the mirror fall from my bloodshot eyes. It took several hours before I eventully stopped crying completely.

Well, that's probably as open and honest as I've ever been on here, most of the above has been typed with tears rolling down my face and neck. Feeling very emotionally drained at the moment, so I think I'll end this here. Feeling a bit uneasy about posting this as it really does lay my deepest emotions bare - but here goes!

September 4, 2012 10:52 pm  #2

Re: Observation (male - self & female)

Thanks for posting your observations, tearhunter! I'm glad you feel comfortable enough to share them with us here. I'm so sorry that you're going through a painful time, though. I know how hard anniversaries of tragic events can be. I hope it helped a little to let out some of the emotion, though, and I'm glad you and your wife are so open and able to comfort/depend on each other. Big hugs to you, and I hope you're feeling better soon.

September 4, 2012 11:54 pm  #3

Oh tearhunter, thank you for sharing your observations as these are difficult times. I hope your gonna be ok? *hugs*

September 5, 2012 2:22 pm  #4

Really sorry to hear about your sadness, Tearhunter. Hope you and your wife start to feel happier soon.

Crying does not indicate you are weak, since birth it has been a sign that you are alive.

September 5, 2012 6:39 pm  #5

I think I know what you're referring to, tearhunter, and I'm so sorry. I can only imagine the pain you and your wife are going through. My thoughts are with the two of you.

It is such a secret place, the land of tears.
-- Antoine de Saint Exupery, "The Little Prince"

September 5, 2012 8:33 pm  #6

Thanks for you kind words of support - I really appreciate it, I'm blinking back the tears *again* !! But, I've promised myself I'm not going to cry tonight !

I'm actually feeling very exposed after posting last nights observation. It's deeply personal, and strangely enough I'm not feeling particularly comfortable in admitting the volume and intensity of my emotions over the past few weeks. And that's unusal for me as I normally don't have a problem in admitting to you guys that sometimes I cry. I can only conclude it's the reason, the extremely strong feelings that I'm currently feeling.

It's been tough for both of us, my wife woke me up at 2am this morning hugging me and crying softly with her head on my chest - I could feel the steady drip, drip of her tears falling onto me. We didn't say anything, nothing to say really - but, as I listened to her crying I felt fresh tears rolling to my ears.

Anyway, before these wet eyes turn into anything more I going to think of something else!

We will heal again soon, and I'm sure the sadness will go and the tears will dry - but this anniversary has been hard (very) !

September 5, 2012 9:50 pm  #7

The sotory is compelling too. I'm so sorry for you having to go through this and then once again while posting it. Maybe writing helps and expressing it gives you consolement...

''I like crying. And now I not only wanna cry and show my crying to other people, I wanna just split myself down the middle and open my guts and just throw everything out!''
Woody Harrelson

September 6, 2012 1:29 pm  #8

Wow, that has got to be by far the biggest crying obs posted by one of our male members about themselves -- thanks, Tearhunter, for pushing past your comfort zone and deciding to bare all!!!  I'll admit, as sick as this sounds to the outside world (people here would understand!), I thought of copying your post to my computer just in case you decided to delete it later on.  The crying scene on the train reads like something out of a fanfic that I would write myself... yet was REAL!!!! Of course, it is tragic that you should have to suffer to this awful degree. I am not going to get into a philosophical discussion on why there must be so much suffering in this world, or else I'll probably just get angry. Suffering is a tricky subject, and kudos to those people out there who have found a philosophy that makes suffering "OK" somehow. But since I can't remove the suffering from the world, thanks again for braving your post. I am quite shocked at the volume of tears you have produced!!! Having just read another poll where men answer that when they cry, they usually just shed a few tears, it seems you are a crying fetishist's dream, as far as that goes!! Though again, sorry for your pain.

September 7, 2012 12:06 pm  #9

Yeah, I've certainly gone beyond what I'm comfortable with - can't say I'm settled with the thought of these observations being out in a semi-public domain - feel very unease and yes, several times I've almost removed my original post. I've been feeling massively exposed over the last few weeks, not just because of the post here but the train event was witnessed in full by a complete stranger! I'm scared half to death that I'll meet her again on the train - thankfully it was on a different time to my usual commute, and I don't know if she regularly makes the journey - but, there is every change I'll see her again, don't think I want that at the moment.

My wife said perhaps she won't recognise you, but my thoughts are that you don't see a crying male on the train that often, so she'll remember alright - and probably for sometime to come.

With regard to the tear volume comment, I'm kind of good at producing tears. I completely trash that poll view that guys shed only a few tears or just get wet eyes! To be honset I don't really believe that guys are incapable of sheding tears. Yes, in general they cry far less than women, and yes women probably do shed more tears than guys when they cry. But, when guys do cry, in a situations where they are either comfortable to do so or the emotions are powerful enough will shed tears and more than just a couple.

Most guys are not comfortable crying so they will do anything to hide the tears, even from themselves, but I think the majority of guys have the equipment to shed just as many tears as women.

September 7, 2012 10:31 pm  #10

Well, for what it's worth, I've now saved your original post (and won't share it with a soul, at least not without your permission) just in case you end up removing or modify it, although I'm sure nobody out there on the internet (other than your wife, perhaps) knows who posted this obs (I am convinced that even that train scenario has happened to other guys and that other ladies have reacted that same way).  However, I certainly understand the uneasiness with posting, as I feel quite self-conscious even when I'm posting about other people's crying!!  By all means, do whatever you have to do. 

As far as the train goes, I think if you are able to avoid the woman for long enough, she will forget your face -- and then, even if she does see you at some point later on and thinks she knows you from somewhere, it's possible she won't remember where she knows you from.  Remember, she saw you looking very sad and filled with tears that day, but if she ever sees you again, your face, eyes, and mouth will appear quite different from the way they looked that day (unless you are caught crying again!)

Interesting that you disagree with the tear volume thing in the polls!  It would make sense that guys won't admit - even in polls - how many tears they really shed, and I wonder if girls exaggerate in polls how much they cry!  Honestly, I see so many comments from girls online that reference crying... usually about nothing much... it's constant... it's like, "OMG, that made me cry", "OMG, I'm totally crying right now..."  I mean, quite frankly, it just gets out of hand!  I often think to myself, uh-huh, really?  You're REALLY crying right now?  CRYING?  Or do you just like SAYING that you are so that the whole world can hear how "emotional" you are right now?  Maybe they like getting attention this way?  So yeah.  I tend to think that girls use the term "crying" pretty loosely to just mean slightly emotional, and that guys downplay their emotions AND volume of tears.  My big hope is that although guys obviously cry much less in general, when they do eventually have a breakdown, there's plenty of tears to go along with it and that the amount is pretty proportional to the depth of the breakdown.  I would be quite disappointed to come across a dry male crier!

Board footera