You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 4, 2012 9:30 pm  #1

Daniel Craig in Our friends in the North

I'll post the most significant one in the entire series but he has plenty of teary moments throught the movie

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&NR=1&v=oQS9wQpxWSw

The crying starts at 4'30 , it's good to see the whole scene entirely cause there are, you know, small cues throught it that he's holding back the tears...

''I like crying. And now I not only wanna cry and show my crying to other people, I wanna just split myself down the middle and open my guts and just throw everything out!''
Woody Harrelson

November 6, 2012 11:45 pm  #2

Re: Daniel Craig in Our friends in the North

Great scene! I got so jealous when she touched his face, I wanted to do that!

And like every other American girl, I love the accent. Somehow the British stiff-upper-lip stereotype makes it all the more satisfying when he gives in.

It is such a secret place, the land of tears.
-- Antoine de Saint Exupery, "The Little Prince"

November 7, 2012 12:14 am  #3

I'm starting to think that the best actors at crying are those who are more likely to cry in real life. 

In "Crying Men" by Sam Taylor-Wood, Daniel Craig and Jude Law both look as if they really are crying, rather than trying to cry.  Robin Williams is also a good crier.

"We have our stalking memories, and they will demand their rightful tears."
Anonymous

November 7, 2012 12:58 am  #4

caircair wrote:

I'm starting to think that the best actors at crying are those who are more likely to cry in real life.

A very interesting topic.  You would think that would probably be the case, but personally, I'm not going to make any assumptions at this point.  Maybe the ones who are best at crying have practiced a lot and honed their craft and have gotten good at it, whereas others who cry fairly regularly or easily in real life may struggle doing so when called for in a script.  Regardless, I'd love to hear more actors talk about the subject of their own personal crying in interviews!!  If I heard them admit they were a big "crier" in real life, I'd probably become more interested in them.

November 7, 2012 2:28 am  #5

Well, there were quite a few articles about how Adele's new song for Skyfall made Daniel Craig cry, so I took that to mean he's a bit more likely to cry since he's admitting that music can affect him.  Most "manly" men wouldn't admit that a song could make them tear up.

"We have our stalking memories, and they will demand their rightful tears."
Anonymous

November 11, 2012 8:02 pm  #6

caircair wrote:

In "Crying Men" by Sam Taylor-Wood, Daniel Craig and Jude Law both look as if they really are crying, rather than trying to cry.  Robin Williams is also a good crier.

I noticed that too, there are ones that even look somehow more emotional, more willing to express emotions spontanously then others and i guess those that shed real tears are great lovers as well.. 

''I like crying. And now I not only wanna cry and show my crying to other people, I wanna just split myself down the middle and open my guts and just throw everything out!''
Woody Harrelson

November 11, 2012 8:07 pm  #7

i wish one day i'll meet a guy like this. In my country men are still quite traditional about male roles and not expressing emotions openly and sometimes when i meet a guy  who, gets defensive about his own emotions,without any reason, i get very frustrated.

A the same time, i also aknowledge that some other guys have no problem crying but they do so to  manipulate someone's feelings because they know their exposition wil impress and endear women to them..

Woody Harrelson

November 12, 2012 3:20 am  #8

psychic_girl wrote:

In my country men are still quite traditional about male roles and not expressing emotions openly

What country is that, Psychic_girl?

November 12, 2012 7:36 pm  #9

woundedpuppy wrote:

psychic_girl wrote:

In my country men are still quite traditional about male roles and not expressing emotions openly

What country is that, Psychic_girl?

I live in Romania, in Europe woundedpuppy

Woody Harrelson

November 26, 2012 2:39 am  #10

Daniel Craig's scene in Skyfall  Warning, big spoilers!!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jumkV-uujN8

"...men do not cry. They will do anything BUT cry. They stop themselves crying. And eventually they do cry if it is bad enough. So that's how you know with a man how bad it is for him. Because he would've stopped himself...Men always cry like that. They don't cry and in the end they do and if they do then it's overwhelming." ~Michael Caine

Board footera