You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 26, 2012 8:04 pm  #1

Boyfriend crying (and me too, I guess)

Okay guys, so I'm sad to have to tell you that my wonderful, amazing, perfect mother passed away two weeks ago.

There has, as you can imagine, been some crying going on. Not as much as one might expect, because she had a long illness and much of the crying had already occurred, but there has still been some, of course.

I've shed a few tears down my cheeks a few times, but I had one bigger cry in the car with my boyfriend. We drove by somewhere that strongly reminded me of her, and I started to sob. My chin and lip were definitely bulging, because I could see myself in the mirror on the light shield. We stopped in a parking lot and he hugged me. I wiped away the tears pretty quickly, though, because we had to get somewhere and it was not a good time to break down.

This morning, though, my boyfriend had his first breakdown since she actually passed away (he'd cried a bunch of times in the past year over it, though). They were very close; she was like a mother to him, especially because his own mother is/was abusive (they don't have contact now). Anyway, we had a STUPID fight this morning over nothing. I think we were both just stressed out, and we lost control. I kind of stormed off into the bedroom, but after a couple of minutes, I'd cooled off and went to look for him. I found him in the living room, sobbing hysterically into his hands. He saw me come in, I apologized, he apologized, and I curled up next to him on the couch. He said a couple of things through his tears, his voice wavering and his breath hitching. Then, he lost it again, and leaned his elbow on the armrest, covered his eyes with his hand, and sobbed again. I started crying as well, and we held each other for awhile. Then we fell asleep for an hour, lol.

November 26, 2012 8:36 pm  #2

Re: Boyfriend crying (and me too, I guess)

I'm shocked to hear this. I can only imagine what it's like to lose a parent. Some of my cousins went through that a few years ago and it was a nightmare. Like in your case there was much more crying before she passed away than after. There's not much I can say that can be of comfort, but it's good that you can share this experience with your boyfriend and find solace in each other. I can only offer condolences and hope she's in a better place.

Ugly crying is pretty crying

November 26, 2012 11:04 pm  #3

Carrotcake, your post came from out of the blue.  I lost my mother exactly one year ago today.  So far, no crying but I'm pretty sure it will happen at some point in the next few hours.  Like yours, my mother had been ill for quite awhile due to Vascular Dementia, and I hadn't seen her in about 8 years - by the end, she wasn't recognizing my father and I was pretty sure she would have had no idea who I was, so losing her wasn't a huge shock.  But the realization that she's gone does hit at awkward moments, and it's happened throughout this year - I suspect it will happen for many years to come, but at less frequent intervals.  "Stalking memories" and all that.

I'll keep you and boyfriend in my thoughts.  And give yourselves permission to be a bit more quarrelsome - grief works itself out in many ways, not just crying.

"We have our stalking memories, and they will demand their rightful tears."
Anonymous

November 27, 2012 2:52 pm  #4

Thanks, guys. It's been rough, to say the least. I'm so sorry for your loss, too, caircair.

November 27, 2012 9:11 pm  #5

I'm really sorry to hear of your mothers passing Carrotcake - a extremely difficult time for you and your boyfriend. Words are never enough at a time like this so sending huge hugs.

Like caircair says grief is an unpredictable emotion, one minute your fine, next your in bits. Give yourself time to grieve and do whats best for you and your boyfriend.
It will be a big comfort that you will have each other to lean on. There will be times when you will be strong for him and him for you - and times when you will both cry together - a combination of the three helps so much over time.

Take care and only post here when you feel ok to do so - there are more important things in this world than us lot.

Look after yourself - <<hugs>>

November 28, 2012 12:38 am  #6

I'm so so so sorry . I can't even imagine how hard it must be. I second what everyone else has said.

Last edited by PaperThings (November 28, 2012 12:38 am)

November 28, 2012 1:07 am  #7

Carrotcake, I'm sending you all my love. I'm so sorry this has happened to you.  Huge hugs for both you and your boyfriend.

It is such a secret place, the land of tears.
-- Antoine de Saint Exupery, "The Little Prince"

November 28, 2012 6:28 am  #8

I'm sorry your going through a difficult time, grief is a hard time to get through, I'm sending you lots of hugs. I'm  keeping you and your boyfriend in my thoughts.

November 29, 2012 12:58 am  #9

I've been trying to find the right words, but there's nothing I can really said that hasn't already been said.  I'm, too, am very sorry for your loss.

I wonder if at times like this (as in the boyfriend obs you shared) if it would be some small source of comfort to have the fetish - like some small little silver lining on an otherwise dark cloud - or if it makes no difference.  I'm trying to remember, but I'm thinking only about two forum members have shared such serious types of obs (or generalizations about serious obs) with the group.  One has said that while they don't get aroused by the tears at the time of something serious, they do remember them in their head for a later time when those emotions aren't so intense.  So that seems like a partial silver lining.  Another person just seemed to be incredibly heartbroken over the other person's pain.  They didn't really say, but I came away with the impression it was more like pure heartbreak for them and little else.  I don't know, but if so, that would be doubly sad, since it would be sort of nice to think our fetish had some sort of upside that helped us through tough times.  There are enough downsides to the fetish as it is.

I guess I'm wondering what the experience was like from your perspective, with going through all the crap you're going through, and then having your boyfriend break down on top of that (but of course, don't feel like you have to answer).  Do you think having the fetish made you feel any better than you would have felt otherwise in that situation?  Or does having a crying fetish hold no advantage whatsoever?

And this question can also be answered by anybody if they have something to say on the subject.

November 29, 2012 1:56 am  #10

I confess I prefer my obs to be from a distance, like on TV or with strangers.  When it's someone I'm close to, I'm too focused on helping them ease their pain.  When they hurt, I hurt.  Watching someone to whom I have no connection makes it easier for me to enjoy the show.

"We have our stalking memories, and they will demand their rightful tears."
Anonymous

Board footera