You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 8, 2011 11:25 pm  #1

What is your biggest crying TURN OFF?

Due to my preferences, I get absolutely frustrated when something is in the way of the mouth. Hand, hair, shoulder, head - anything. I've seen women who would become tearful, but leave their face alone. But JUST before they start sobbing the hand would fly to the mouth. Moments like that make me want to bang my head on the wall. Expressionless crying is another thing I hate for similar reasons.

Ugly crying is pretty crying

August 8, 2011 11:45 pm  #2

Re: What is your biggest crying TURN OFF?

Hmm... expressionless crying doesn't really interest me. Also, I don't like smile-crying, although it can be okay in real life. Like, people who dab at the bottom of their eyes while they smile. That doesn't do anything for me and kind of irritates me.

August 9, 2011 2:23 am  #3

Biggest turn-off for me would be to see snot.  I like to hear sniffling from a cute guy (I think it's sweet), but that's as much as I'm interested in.  I suppose I'd probably enjoy the act of passing tissues, but seeing/hearing nose-blowing isn't really my thing either.  I'd probably just turn my head.

I guess equally unappealing would be if the guy just scrunched his entire face up really, really tight and turned bright red so that he almost resembled a pig.  Don't strain yourself people, and don't hold your breath!

I have seen videos with some snot in them and if they're good otherwise, I just try not to look at the snot and I can sometimes forget it's even there, as it can almost look like tears if there are also a lot of tears on the face.  But up close and in person, I would surely see the difference.

August 10, 2011 8:34 pm  #4

I really dislike snot too. Actually, it doesn't bother me in real life, but if I see it in a video or picture, it definitely turns me off. Somehow, if it's a real guy crying, the snot doesn't matter to me at all, but I don't like to see a random person's snot. That said, if it's a really good picture, I just try to ignore it...

August 10, 2011 8:45 pm  #5

I don't mind snot. Spit, on the other hand...

Last edited by TorNorth (August 10, 2011 8:58 pm)

August 11, 2011 9:20 am  #6

Not a snot person either - remember seeing a woman sobbing her heart out and her nose was running into her mouth - not nice!

Also I get very frustrated when women directly wipe their eyes preventing any tears falling. I just want to shout leave your eyes alone and let your tears fall down your cheeks - but I don't obviously   

August 11, 2011 9:20 pm  #7

My boyfriend, bless his heart, is a bit of a drooler when he sleeps, so I'm used to that and it doesn't bother me. I can deal with snot in moderation too, although it certainly isn't a turn on.
My real pet peeve is when women wave their hands in their faces when they're about to cry. It's so irritating and I don't understand the impulse to do it.

It is such a secret place, the land of tears.
-- Antoine de Saint Exupery, "The Little Prince"

August 11, 2011 10:55 pm  #8

meantangerine wrote:

My real pet peeve is when women wave their hands in their faces when they're about to cry. It's so irritating and I don't understand the impulse to do it.

You're not kidding, I HATE that!

August 12, 2011 4:55 pm  #9

Yeah, I hate a lot of things that women do on TV shows such as Dr. Phil. The hands waving, the eye-dabbing with the back of a finger, the half-smile (as if a half-smile disguises tears). I much prefer the things men on TV do when they're about to cry -- deep breaths, back of hand over mouth, pausing mid-sentence.

I've never seen a woman wave her hand in front of her face in real life, though. I mean, it doesn't actually stop the tears or anything.

August 17, 2011 4:41 am  #10

I agree, the hand waving thing is annoying, and I have seen someone do it before (it's typically only the really girly girls that do, in my experiences).

As far as snot is concerned, I think an excess of it would be a major turn-off, but as long as it was in moderation (and from someone I'm attracted to already) I don't think it would affect the experience for me one way or the other.  I've also never been a fan of nose blowing in tv shows and stuff, although it did hit me as a bit of a turn on once, and that was because my boyfriend was crying over the phone and to hear him blow his nose was a sort of illustration of the extent of the crying for me, since I couldn't see it.

Board footera