You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 30, 2024 2:50 pm  #1

Have you ever felt this?

Earlier this week I felt it about 3-5 times. Have you ever felt the sensation of tears rolling down your face, yet when you bring your hand to your face, it’s dry? Let me add I didn’t even feel like crying.

March 30, 2024 7:41 pm  #2

Re: Have you ever felt this?

O...K...

That scared me. I thought I was the only one. That said, no experience is individual.

It mainly happens when I'm thinking about a time I cried or saw someone cry.

March 30, 2024 11:22 pm  #3

Oriass wrote:

O...K...

That scared me. I thought I was the only one. That said, no experience is individual.

And I thought I was starting to go crazy, I had never felt this before. Interesting you mention the circumstances under which it happened. I’ll be more attentive to the situation in which it happens.

April 1, 2024 2:42 pm  #4

Oriass wrote:

O...K...

That's interesting - you think about crying and you get this sensation - phantom tears! I have also experienced this but it was many years ago now and I thought it was just facial nerves being stimulated for some reason. 

It might not be your actual facial nerves being triggered - it could be at the other end of the nerve connection - in your brain basically! I'm no expert but perhaps you thought about crying and your brain triggered the nerve endpoints to make you think tears were flowing down your cheeks. 

I've experienced the opposite - tears actually running down my cheeks that I don't feel. This happens most often on cold, windy days when my eyes water and because my face is so cold I don't feel the tears on my cheeks. I have talked to people in the past and not realised my face is streaked with tears! Bit awkward as I look like I'm crying when I'm not.

Although, once when receiving tragic news many years ago I was so focused on getting information from the medical person in front of me I hadn't realised I had started to cry. It was only when a tear dripped off my face onto my hand that I realised I was looking straight at the woman as tears rolled down my cheeks.  

Board footera