You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 2, 2013 12:05 am  #1

Male obs

I feel weird about posting funeral observations, but for the record, I had another one!  Don't worry, it didn't happen around the holidays, but I held off posting about it for a while and then almost forgot to post.  Well, I felt pretty solemn about the funeral, but at some point I did think of someone hot who would be there who might end up crying... 

There was crying all around, really.  The man doing the ceremony (quite old and not attractive to me) faltered a bit in speaking at one point and took out a hanky or tissue and blew into it.  I saw various people using tissues during the service and though it is extremely hard to tell the difference between colds and crying when you are not facing the person directly or talking to them, I assumed the default was crying.

Well, the person I had identified as hot (who I knew personally) did indeed cry!  I saw him at a distance, but I knew for sure he was crying.  I don't even remember, at this point, how exactly he cried.  Did he wipe his eyes, swallow hard, take deep breaths, blink a lot?  Probably all of the above?  It wasn't a 'breakdown' moment or anything, but more of a general emotional wave I noticed near the end of the service.  I think I remember him using a tissue as well.  But, attractive as he was, it just wasn't the same as being close up, I'm afraid!  It was soon forgotten about and did not really end up giving me any fantasy type imagery for later (probably just as well, since I knew him!)  I think up-close and intimate crying observations (when you're lucky enough to get them) are *so* much more powerful and stay with you longer, because you are forced to react to and interact with the person in front of you.  But as an observer at a distance, it's more like watching TV or movies, really.  Even if you know the person. 

Just thought I'd share!  If you recall my last male crying obs at a funeral, it was rather dramatic... a young man sobbed so loudly in another man's arms that the whole church fell silent and just waited for him to stop!  Real sobs... high pitched chokes... quite a dramatic breakdown following his speech, in which he also broke down a little but pulled it back together.

January 2, 2013 12:16 am  #2

Re: Male obs

p.s.  I should add that 2012 ended up being a pretty good year for male observations!  I have experienced years in which there were no male observations at all, so even to get one or two in 2012 means I came out ahead!

January 16, 2013 9:56 pm  #3

Thanks for sharing woundedpuppy, I liked reading the obs.

January 17, 2013 12:04 am  #4

Great obs, thanks for sharing! I'm glad you got some good observations in 2012.

Board footera