You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 3, 2013 7:17 pm  #1

Movie/TV scenes you wish were crying scenes

I bought The Descendants today and towards the end in the hospital there is a lingering shot of Shailene Woodley's face and I started to imagine what the scene would look like if she'd cried.

Has anybody else wished they could change a non crying scene into one

Security will run you down hard
And I will lead them on a merry chase

January 3, 2013 10:08 pm  #2

Re: Movie/TV scenes you wish were crying scenes

There is a scene in Captain America where he is in a destroyed bar.  I think there was a tear or two, but I would have loved a more complete crying scene

"...men do not cry. They will do anything BUT cry. They stop themselves crying. And eventually they do cry if it is bad enough. So that's how you know with a man how bad it is for him. Because he would've stopped himself...Men always cry like that. They don't cry and in the end they do and if they do then it's overwhelming." ~Michael Caine

January 3, 2013 11:21 pm  #3

The scene in Hellboy: The Golden Army where Selma Blair has to bring Hellboy from the brink of death. She looked tearful, but I really wished we'd see full on crying.

Ugly crying is pretty crying

January 4, 2013 1:53 am  #4

Mac Taylor on C.SI New York..he almost cried in a scene, almost but not enough. Vincent d'Onofrio as Bobby Goren on Law and Order , again he was almost on the verge of tears in some episodes, it seemed as if it he had been prepared to suffer a major break down, a catharsis  ( he even had a few freak outs that were out of character as far as Goren's character was depicted, cool and smooth ..) , the tension buit up for a while ( meaning 2-3 seasons)..and then phffff.....nothing. I was so disappointed because i wanted to see these tough unemotional guys losing it.. I saw Vincent in other movies crying..but it would have been far more interesting to see him as Bobby , the tough, intellectual detective doing it..I even had a bet with a friend of mine who knew about my addiction to male's tears and i was sure to win at that time.. But i lost the bet and the fact that  i fantasized so much about this made me feel awful

Another disappointment was  Gregory House. He teard up in a few episodes and even slipped a tear in Wilson's heart but later on i would have wanted to see more...It never happened and i'm pissed now..

Last edited by psychic_girl (January 4, 2013 1:58 am)

''I like crying. And now I not only wanna cry and show my crying to other people, I wanna just split myself down the middle and open my guts and just throw everything out!''
Woody Harrelson

January 4, 2013 4:08 am  #5

psychic_girl, I have to agree with you about Gregory House.  I was really, really wanting him to crack.  Plus I've never seen Hugh Laurie shed tears in anything except a comic fashion - I would dearly love to see him *really* cry.

Another potential crier is Nathan Fillion.  I understand back in the day he was quite well known for dropping tears frequently.  That may be how he got his bit in "Saving Private Ryan" - which is disappointing, because he doesn't look anything like he does now.  The only other time I've seen anything like crying was a very short bit at the beginning of "White Noise 2" - and that scene was silent, so no sound of sobbing, like I'd like to hear.  I was also VERY disappointed that in "Castle", when Kate Beckett was shot, he didn't seem nearly distraught enough - no tears, no catch of breath, nothing.

"We have our stalking memories, and they will demand their rightful tears."
Anonymous

January 5, 2013 3:24 am  #6

Actually if you look closely during the scene where kate Beckett is shot, you can see tears dripping from his nose, but I agree. I was also disappointed.

"...men do not cry. They will do anything BUT cry. They stop themselves crying. And eventually they do cry if it is bad enough. So that's how you know with a man how bad it is for him. Because he would've stopped himself...Men always cry like that. They don't cry and in the end they do and if they do then it's overwhelming." ~Michael Caine

January 5, 2013 8:01 am  #7

OK, you're right.  I missed it because it wasn't running down where I would expect tears to fall.  However, I DID catch something this time around that I'd missed before: at the very beginning of the scene, where she was talking to Ryan and Esposito with Castle, Seamus Dever had a tear falling - and it looked pretty darn natural.  And, I don't know, I still feel like the scene was lacking some emotional punch.

Anonymous

January 6, 2013 12:29 am  #8

Oh I totally agree, they could have done a lot more!  I also noticed Ryan crying too, which I thought was sweet.

January 6, 2013 1:28 am  #9

I think another reason I missed it is that his eyes are so dry - no redness, no facial moisture - it just looked too fake.

Anonymous

January 21, 2013 12:07 am  #10

Richard Armitage would be a sweet crier. He has a lot of potential but i didn't see him crying too much in some of his moves. His eyes are so special.

''I like crying. And now I not only wanna cry and show my crying to other people, I wanna just split myself down the middle and open my guts and just throw everything out!''
Woody Harrelson

Board footera