You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 21, 2013 8:41 pm  #1

Dacryphilia research - anyone interested in taking part?

Hi all,

Some of you may remember a blog post about dacryphilia from Dr Mark Griffiths of Nottingham Trent University, in which he quoted some of the members of this forum. I am currently carrying out some research into dacryphilia with Mark. We are hoping to explore the experiences of those who would describe themselves as dacryphiles, through perhaps questionnaires and/or case studies, with a view to hopefully collecting enough data to publish an academic paper on dacryphilia. Specifically, I am interested in the apparent distinction that Mark made between 'sadistic' and 'voyeuristic' dacryphiles. I am also interested in the possibility that some dacryphiles may derive pleasure from their own crying and that some dacryphiles may derive pleasure from letting others watch them cry. I would also hope to explore any continuum within dacryphilia, as it would appear that there are different levels of intensity that people enjoy. Finally, I would like to establish (at least an estimate of) the prevalence of dacryphilia.

First, we need to collect some data and establish whether we have enough to take the research any further! I'd like to know whether anyone on here would be interested in answering a set of questions which I could send you via e-mail? If you were to answer these questions, then you would of course be able to withdraw your data at any time if you wished to. I would also communicate the outcomes of the research to the forum.

Thanks very much for your help,

Richard

January 21, 2013 9:23 pm  #2

Re: Dacryphilia research - anyone interested in taking part?

I would be willing to answer some questions, provided I could remain anonymous. 

January 21, 2013 9:35 pm  #3

Hi luckywolf13,

Thanks for your reply!

Yes, anonymity is not an issue at all. All I would ask for is a pseudonym in case I use any of your answers in a write-up (I would of course let you know I was doing this first too).

Some of the questions are background information questions, meaning that you would be asked for information such as your age, relationship status etc. However none of this information is identifying - it is simply there so that we can collect some data on the demographics of our participants and within dacryphilia.

Richard

January 21, 2013 9:40 pm  #4

That sounds fine to me. Just tell me what to do. 
One thing- if I'm uncomfortable with a question, how should I answer? Should I leave it out? 

January 21, 2013 10:34 pm  #5

Yes, if you don't feel comfortable with a question, you are under no obligation to answer it!

If you're happy with everything and would like to take part, please could you private message me your e-mail address and I'll send the questions over.

Richard

January 22, 2013 5:44 am  #6

I wouldn't mind answering some questions, either.

"We have our stalking memories, and they will demand their rightful tears."
Anonymous

January 24, 2013 11:21 pm  #7

This sounds like a great project - not nearly enough research is done into fetishes, and absolutely none into this particular one! I'd be willing to answer questions.

January 25, 2013 5:39 pm  #8

I'll be willing as well, i will send you my e-mail adress so that you give me the questions 

''I like crying. And now I not only wanna cry and show my crying to other people, I wanna just split myself down the middle and open my guts and just throw everything out!''
Woody Harrelson

January 26, 2013 3:02 pm  #9

I'll be willing to help - I'll send you my email address via private message...

Board footera