You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 10, 2013 7:24 pm  #1

Movies to watch?

Hi everyone!  I have found myself with quite a bit of free time on my hands and would love to watch some movies with good male crying scenes.   Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks!

"...men do not cry. They will do anything BUT cry. They stop themselves crying. And eventually they do cry if it is bad enough. So that's how you know with a man how bad it is for him. Because he would've stopped himself...Men always cry like that. They don't cry and in the end they do and if they do then it's overwhelming." ~Michael Caine

April 11, 2013 3:01 am  #2

Re: Movies to watch?

I know a lot of them yellowrose, tell me what actors would you like to see crying:

For example the movie the Green Mile has all the male actors cry and some even cry many times ( Doug Hutchinson has 5 crying scenes)

The Colour of Night has Bruce Willis crying at least 5 times, in one scene he plainly sobs and other actors shed tears as well, the movie has everything in my opinion, some dramatic parts, some erotic and some very humours..

Saving Private Ryan again, most important male leads cry a few times but the scenes are not very focused on their crying

No Night is too Long, this is not e very well know movie, it's about a love story between 2 gays, I love Marc Warren in this, very sexy and lots of crying moments.

Malkovich crying as Valmont in Dangerous Liasions is priceless, i saw those scenes milion of times. In Death of a Salesman, when he was younger..he has 2 major sobs in that film which i found brilliant, no other actor ever impressed me that much with his crying abilities as Malkovich in this..

Jack Nicholson in Five Easy Pieces, it's a classic scene, not that impressive but taking into account that Jackie plays a toughie in this and looks somewhat embaressed i guess, it worths every minute of crying.

Robert Downey Jr in the Singing Detective, has two crying scenes the second one being top knoch but the movie is pretty hard to find and not that good but the scene where he sobs is amazing..

I can recomend you lots of movies with guys crying, but i stop for now...tell me more about your preferences..

Last edited by psychic_girl (April 11, 2013 3:02 am)

''I like crying. And now I not only wanna cry and show my crying to other people, I wanna just split myself down the middle and open my guts and just throw everything out!''
Woody Harrelson

April 11, 2013 3:04 pm  #3

Psychic_girl-  I generally like actors like Jake Gyllenhaal, Ryan Gosling, Ewan McGreggor, Matt Damon, Neal McDonough, Joseph Gordon Lovett, Hugh Jackman, Jude Law, etc...  I guess I'm really not picky, I just tend to like younger actors better.  

Otherwise, I will take any recommendations you have.  I tend to love most things you've posted on the forum so I trust you!

Btw, going to watch The Green Mile now 

"...men do not cry. They will do anything BUT cry. They stop themselves crying. And eventually they do cry if it is bad enough. So that's how you know with a man how bad it is for him. Because he would've stopped himself...Men always cry like that. They don't cry and in the end they do and if they do then it's overwhelming." ~Michael Caine

April 11, 2013 4:37 pm  #4

Thank you Yellowrose, it was a true pleasure to share the information . Now i 'll try to remember where i saw the scenes with your favourite actors.

Jake Gyllenhaal - i saw him crying in Brokeback Mountain in the car scene  a few times now but i wasn't very impressed, he didn't cry much in that and i haven't seen his most recent movies ( does he cry in End of Watch, Love and Other Drugs, Source Code ?? ) but he has a very nice crying scene in Highway and he was very young in that movie, you can see that part here unless you go for the whole movie http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAEv93helnY

Ryan Goslin cries in Stay 2-3 times, in Blue Valentine 2 times, in Drive 1 time ( it's on youtube) and in Ides of March has a teary scene in a close up. He's a strong crier, i know for sure that he cries in A Place Beyond the Pines and i can hardly wait to see him in that

Ewan McGregorr - the famous end scene in Moulin Rouge says enough, i also liked his tears along jim Carrey's in I Love You Phillip Morris, well acted scenes, he also cries in Perfect Sense and there's a compilation with many other crying moments of his on youtube , i typed ''Ewan Mcgregor cries'' and i found somethin' nice

Matt Demon - there's the loud crying scene in Good Will Hunting, then there's a close up scene in All the Pretty Horses when Penelope dumps him, he also cries in Saving Private Ryan and Talented Mr Ripley..

Neal McDonough - Except the scenes that i posted here, all i know recently is that he has some teary scenes in Desperate Housewives in season 5 episodes 23 and 18 ( in this one he sobs) and in Tin Man but i don't know the exact episodes yet.

Joseph Gordon Levitt- he's not a very prolific crier from the movies that i can remember but he breaks down in Mysterious Skin, a very tough movie to watch actually. I'll recommend it to you but the movie treats a very delicate subject. I wonder whether he cries in Hesher? i haven't seen many movies with him lately, i do remember that i was pretty disappointed seeing him tear up in 50/50

Hugh Jackman is amazing as far as his crying scenes in the Fountain and Correlli, i haven't seen The Miserables but he's an amazing crier anyway..

Jude Law has a nice crying scene in Alfie and one in the Holiday,  the one in Closer, not many crying scenes as far as i know his roles..

Last edited by psychic_girl (April 11, 2013 4:39 pm)

''I like crying. And now I not only wanna cry and show my crying to other people, I wanna just split myself down the middle and open my guts and just throw everything out!''
Woody Harrelson

April 11, 2013 8:44 pm  #5

Loved the scene with Jake Gyllenhaal in Highway, so sweet!  I love gusy comforting other guys in a friend/brother kind of way.

No luck in Love and Other Drugs as far as crying scenes for him.  End of Watch has been on my to-watch list for quite some time so I"ll let you know the verdict.

I really enjoyed The Green Mile.  What a great movie!  I am a little disappointed in myself that it has taken me so long to watch it.  That last scene where they are all attempting to hold back tears (some more successfully than others) is great.

Barry Pepper (dean from the green mile) has a crying scene where he sobs at the end of the 25th hour after he does what Edward Norton asks him to do.  It's a really sweet scene that shows the love between the two characters.  Enjoy!  

Will start watching other movies on that list that I haven't seen, though I've seen a lot of them.  Keep the recommendations coming, you are awesome!

April 12, 2013 12:33 am  #6

Hihi, thanx for the compliment, i have quite a stock of crying parts in my memory, i guess i fantasize a bit too much ha ! .

I love Barry Pepper and first time i saw him crying was in the Green Mile, sweet actor too and very expressive crier. I know the scene in 25 th hour and i remember that after the fight Eduard Norton cries too a bit. It's barley visible but he does..
Another great scene wih Barry Pepper is in the last episode called My Brother's Keeper from the mini series The Kennedys. Pepper plays Bobby and he mourns his brother in that episode, he's really brilliant, i have never seen him acting so well before and he cries and sobs a lot in that episode.

Woody Harrelson

April 12, 2013 1:03 am  #7

No such thing as fanatsizing too much!

I also caught that scene with Edward Norton at the end of the 25th hour.  Really sad him trying to avoid saying goodbye to his father!

April 12, 2013 2:33 am  #8

Joseph Gordon Levitt cries in Brick!  

April 12, 2013 10:16 am  #9

Yellowrose, did you notice how much does Doug Hutchinson aka Percy Wetmore tear up in The Green Mile? I love his scenes, mostly the one were he tries to refrain from crying when Tom Hanks character threatens him, and  tears sprinkle in his eyes as he makes a weird gesture, biting his tongue.
Or the one at the end before he shoots Wild Bill, he's almost like a ghost there..

Woody Harrelson

April 12, 2013 5:21 pm  #10

Paperthings- that scene from Brick is so sweet.  I love the scenario that the tears are delayed and only allowed to fall when they are exhausted and things are over.  I also love when they finally allow themselves to cry after they are shown some form of comfort.  So great!

Psychic_girl- The Kennedy's was great, so adorable, he is such a great crier!

Board footera