You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 11, 2013 11:57 pm  #1

Zero gravity "crying"

Well, not really CRYING, but a good demonstration of how crying in zero gravity would look. 

http://tinyurl.com/c9jec3a

"We have our stalking memories, and they will demand their rightful tears."
Anonymous

April 12, 2013 1:23 am  #2

Re: Zero gravity "crying"

I've never thought about how it would look to cry in zero gravity! It's fascinating. It's pretty much how I would expect it to look, but the visual is intense.

April 12, 2013 6:27 am  #3

Yup.  It's almost off-putting.

Anonymous

April 12, 2013 10:07 am  #4

I think is far more interesting if it's real crying not splashing water on one's face..

''I like crying. And now I not only wanna cry and show my crying to other people, I wanna just split myself down the middle and open my guts and just throw everything out!''
Woody Harrelson

April 12, 2013 7:32 pm  #5

Agreed.  But somehow I doubt it would be easy to persuade an astronaut to cry on cue.

Anonymous

April 13, 2013 7:12 pm  #6

Very weird. Also, I like how they're presenting this as news haha.

It is such a secret place, the land of tears.
-- Antoine de Saint Exupery, "The Little Prince"

April 18, 2013 6:32 pm  #7

I was very disappointed when I saw this. The experiment conducted by the guy is very unrealistic with regards to how someone would actually cry.

He basically fires a whole load of water onto his cheek - who cries tears that size !?!

I wonder if someone actually cried in zero gravity would tears leave the actually eye area due to the action of the tears being 'pumped' out by the tear glands or would your eye basically continue to fill with tears and never drain by falling down your face. Suspect it might be the second option here.
Which if true would give a whole new meaning to being blinded by tears!

April 18, 2013 7:44 pm  #8

I originally thought the same as you, but then decided the action of blinking would force the excess out onto the cheek.

Anonymous

April 18, 2013 10:57 pm  #9

He could have tried to do this experiment by putting eyes drops (glicerine) into his eyes. They are almost the same size as tears, it would have worked better. But the tears being produced in the eyes i don't think they can be lifted right away because they are too fluid so they might get smeared all over the eye lids if they are produced in excess..

''I like crying. And now I not only wanna cry and show my crying to other people, I wanna just split myself down the middle and open my guts and just throw everything out!''
Woody Harrelson

Board footera