You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 25, 2011 1:10 pm  #1

Tear Speed

What does everybody think

I prefer the Gentle Run; Not too fast just enough time to saviour the tear coming down the cheek, but not so slow you become impatient

Do you have a preferred Tear Speed

Security will run you down hard
And I will lead them on a merry chase

October 25, 2011 9:42 pm  #2

Re: Tear Speed

I said gentle run, but I do like a mix, some going faster and some slower. What I really don't like is when they fall from the eyes and off the face so fast that you can't appreciate them.

It is such a secret place, the land of tears.
-- Antoine de Saint Exupery, "The Little Prince"

October 25, 2011 10:14 pm  #3

I voted for gentle run. my reason is I like the fall of the gentle run of tears just because you can see them on the face.

October 26, 2011 3:04 am  #4

Can I say that it completely depends? *laughs* It has to do a lot with the type of cry - the sound/the general look of the person's face with tears, etc.  All three can be good, depending on circumstances. I'd say, though, uncontrollable stream is my favorite without specifics, just because it usually means the person is crying harder, and more likely sobbing.

October 26, 2011 11:47 am  #5

meantangerine wrote:

I said gentle run, but I do like a mix, some going faster and some slower. What I really don't like is when they fall from the eyes and off the face so fast that you can't appreciate them.

Yeah, I know what you mean, I like the occasional free-falling tears like Angelina Jolie's crying scene in The Bone Collector. But in the case of Kate Beckinsale for instance in the first Underworld movie when she cries the tear is like supersonic

Security will run you down hard
And I will lead them on a merry chase

November 7, 2011 9:39 pm  #6

I went for slow trickle - I love to watch tears fall slowly.
Although to be honest all three a pretty hot on the right girl.

November 8, 2011 2:18 am  #7

I have voted for uncontrollable stream...

what I also like is very much tears at time or when tears come in an uncommon /unexpectable/surprising way from different part of the eyes...
but it depend on the situation and the person of course...

I also like it when a person is doing very special/weird sobbing noises...

very slow rolling can be hot too, also when large drop directly fall and split up on the face for example...(nothing hotter then this)

what I don't like is when a person is sobbing really hard but no or very little tears come, when 98% of tears flow into the nose
or when there is just a steady non changing flow of tears without change of the face look or anything even after hours. But I also don't like it when a person just shed floods of hundreds and thousands of tears within 30 seconds without any sobbing (cries only "a little") but after it the look of the persons face is 100% the same as before (you can't even see the person has cried) and if someone ask: yes I have seen a such cry and yes I have a video of this...^^

Last edited by BadCr (November 8, 2011 2:19 am)

November 12, 2011 11:34 pm  #8

I voted Gentle Run because it just seemed like a nice "in-the-middle" type of speed.

November 20, 2011 11:23 pm  #9

PaperThings wrote:

Can I say that it completely depends? *laughs* It has to do a lot with the type of cry - the sound/the general look of the person's face with tears, etc.  All three can be good, depending on circumstances. I'd say, though, uncontrollable stream is my favorite without specifics, just because it usually means the person is crying harder, and more likely sobbing.

This is pretty much exactly how I feel.  Tear speed doesn't matter to me anywhere near so much as other aspects of the crying.  I voted for uncontrollable stream as well, although I do think there is such as thing as crying too fast and hard, I usually prefer crying that is a little more intense and "sobby".

Board footera