You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 28, 2014 4:37 pm  #1

Justin Theroux: The Leftovers

Last night's episode of "The Leftovers."  (Episode 5, "Gladys", last five minutes or so) featured a good breakdown scene from Justin Theroux.  Real tears.  It's HBO: On Demand or HBO Go.  

Climbing to a high chamber in a well of houses, he threw himself down in his clothes on a neglected bed, and its pillow was wet with wasted tears. -- A Tale of Two Cities

July 28, 2014 11:41 pm  #2

Re: Justin Theroux: The Leftovers

Watched the scene.  Seemed very real.  I loved that the tears started first which seems most realistic and then he almost seemed surprised by the severity of his tears afterwards.  Well acted.

"...men do not cry. They will do anything BUT cry. They stop themselves crying. And eventually they do cry if it is bad enough. So that's how you know with a man how bad it is for him. Because he would've stopped himself...Men always cry like that. They don't cry and in the end they do and if they do then it's overwhelming." ~Michael Caine

August 1, 2014 9:35 pm  #3

I loooved this scene! Also adore the way he is completely overtaken by his sorrow, seems almost surprised, just like you said Yellowrose. Great actor, good looking too;)

Tears are words the heart can't express...
-unknown-

August 8, 2014 7:04 pm  #4

I loved this scene, too! His sobbing into the pillow is so heartbreaking... I kinda wished it was longer~

September 9, 2014 2:17 am  #5

So Justin Theroux pretty much cried his way through this series, which was wonderful (both the show and his crying).  Episode 8, "Cairo", had some good tears from him, and in the finale, "The Prodigal Son Returns", he had TWO good crying scenes.  

Climbing to a high chamber in a well of houses, he threw himself down in his clothes on a neglected bed, and its pillow was wet with wasted tears. -- A Tale of Two Cities

September 15, 2014 10:13 am  #6

i liked the scene but after watching such scenes or shows, they remind me of my past... dunno y?

March 18, 2016 10:45 pm  #7

So good, man. I like how in 'Gladys' it just comes over him, seemingly not brought on by anything specific or directly related to the conversation.
Also I haven't been able to find it on youtube which is a real shame.

Don't mind me, I'm just here to fill my Lachrymatory of Holding.

March 19, 2016 12:37 am  #8

Trying an experiment:  I have five of these scenes in a folder in Google Drive. Hopefully anyone
can view (and download) them via the link below.  Could someone let me know if they can access them successfully?  If it works, I have dozens of videos I could share this way, YouTube be damned.  
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0BwHyyNCG_oBkaVB6YmVyQlVkbVU&usp=sharing

DISCLAIMER: I hold no rights to any clips posted and am making no profit from them.  The only motive in posting them is to share them with other fans.   

Last edited by Squonk (April 6, 2016 12:30 am)

March 19, 2016 7:22 am  #9

Yup, it worked just fine for me. 
Y'know, if this way means we won't end up having our favorite clips pulled (thanks for nothing, YouTube!), then I definitely want to see more Google drive stuff!

"We have our stalking memories, and they will demand their rightful tears."
Anonymous

March 19, 2016 7:23 am  #10

Yes I can!

Board footera