You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 29, 2014 3:39 am  #1

the fault in our stars?

I was sure once that film came out this page would be flooded with theater obs. Anyone went to watch this?. What was the on screen crying like?.what was the off screen crying like in the audience?
I haven't watched it yet. I prefer to do my weepy chick.flicks on private but I'll let you know once I do.

Tears are the last gift of true love.

October 2, 2014 12:20 am  #2

Re: the fault in our stars?

Chick flick isn't my cup of tea, so I didn't watch this movie in the cinema... I only skimmed through it a bit on my computer.
In terms of female crying, I'm sure it's very satisfactory, since Shailene cried a lot.

But I got disappointed by the lack of crying from the lead male actor, Ansel Elgort. I was expecting a breakdown or full-blown crying in that gas station scene, esp. since Ansel said, " I probably cried the most in my life during that time." 

Also:

“It was three hours of my life just losing it,” Elgort says, tearing up a bit at the memory. “I felt like a little baby again. I couldn’t stop crying, even in between takes. And it was so rewarding. I wasn’t sure it was going to happen and it just … happened. At that point, it wasn’t acting any more. It was just real. Let me tell you,” he adds, with that crooked smile, “I slept well that night.”

But the gas station scene doesn't live up to my expectation :/

October 2, 2014 8:55 pm  #3

Re: the fault in our stars?

That's a pity I wonder why they edited that out

Last edited by inmyarms (October 3, 2014 3:56 am)

Tears are the last gift of true love.

Board footera