You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 14, 2014 1:49 pm  #1

Self obs (F), and crying in public

I made a diary post about this, but I'm going to ramble about it a bit more here. Recently I was at a charity event for a cause that's very important to me. There were three different speakers, one of whom is a minor celebrity in our area. His speech made me super emotional. He spoke for about 15 minutes, and in the last two minutes I started crying and 3-4 tears fell down my face.

Once the speech was over, I wiped the tears away before going to talk to the speaker and thank him for his time. While I was talking to him, he started to tell another story and I welled up again. I considered wiping my eyes because of self-consciousness. But I pushed that feeling away, and kept eye contact with him as I felt a tear roll down my right cheek. I saw his eyes follow the tear, and he said "I'm sorry, please don't get upset." He then put his hands firmly on my shoulders and said some more words of comfort. Another tear fell down my right cheek, and then the left, and each time I saw his eyes following the tears. I thought for a second he was going to hug me but he didn't. I don't know what came over me, but before I started posting on this forum, I would never have even considered crying so openly in front of someone who was barely an acquaintance. I probably either looked serene and confident, or like a complete psycho. Hopefully the former. I looked around a bit and saw some people holding tissues, but I didn't see any other overt crying.

Anyway, I applied for a position in his organization, interviewed last week, and just received an acceptance letter. I've always thought people don't want to employ women who cry easily, but now I'm employed part-time by a guy who I cried in front of the first time I met him. Wow.

October 14, 2014 6:29 pm  #2

Re: Self obs (F), and crying in public

Based on your observations, I'm wondering if he's one of us - a crying lover.

"We have our stalking memories, and they will demand their rightful tears."
Anonymous

October 14, 2014 9:54 pm  #3

caircair wrote:

Based on your observations, I'm wondering if he's one of us - a crying lover.

I'm sure that's not the case, but that would be a creepy thought, being employed because you turn someone on...

Ugly crying is pretty crying

October 15, 2014 10:56 pm  #4

I'm not thinking that he was "turned on" if only because crying doesn't turn me on so much as fulfill my need to comfort. I guess what I was trying to say is that he may have felt protective of her.

"We have our stalking memories, and they will demand their rightful tears."
Anonymous

Board footera