You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 21, 2014 11:57 pm  #1

Inside I'm Dancing ( McAvoy and Steven Robertson )

They both cry at one point in a very dramatic scene ..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMvleBsV9M4 ( 1:18:00)

This is from another movie just with Mcavoy, he's one of the best criers i've ever seen : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kp75uM9cnCg ( after 5:00 min>)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDpimaf_Fqo

''I like crying. And now I not only wanna cry and show my crying to other people, I wanna just split myself down the middle and open my guts and just throw everything out!''
Woody Harrelson

October 22, 2014 12:22 am  #2

Re: Inside I'm Dancing ( McAvoy and Steven Robertson )

''I like crying. And now I not only wanna cry and show my crying to other people, I wanna just split myself down the middle and open my guts and just throw everything out!''
Woody Harrelson

October 23, 2014 1:42 pm  #3

Excellent clips.  "Filth" was amazing.  I need to see the whole film.  
McAvoy is definitely a great crier.  In fact, the first comment under the "Shameless" clip says, "He's just not James McAvoy if he doesn't cry."  :-)  I wasn't aware of this.  Will pay more attention to his work in the future.  "The Disappearance of Eleanor Rigby" has gotten terrific reviews and looks to be very emotional.    
Unfortunately, the "Inside I'm Dancing/Rory O'Shea Was Here" clip will not play in America.  I scoured YouTube even under the alternate title and NO clips from it will play here.  :-(
Thanks for posting!  

Climbing to a high chamber in a well of houses, he threw himself down in his clothes on a neglected bed, and its pillow was wet with wasted tears. -- A Tale of Two Cities

October 23, 2014 6:13 pm  #4

The first crying scene I saw with James McAvoy was in Atonement. There ist one crying scene when he finds the death girls lying on the ground. In the same film you can guess he is crying when he gets in the car after the betrayal and at the end when he ist together with Keyra and her sister and sees her the first time after he went to prison. I didn't find any clips on youtube.
What I recollect about an interview with James McAvoy ist that he said he found out quite early that he is good in crying on cue.

October 23, 2014 10:58 pm  #5

Yeah, I remember Atonement, it's one of my favourite movies and those dramatic parts are even greater when it comes to Mcavoy almost crying , i love those hints too. He is a subtle crier, not letting it all out but not yet keeping too stiff. I'll try to find that clips for ''Inside i'm dancing'' again . 

I found it tannaaa : http://ffilms.org/inside-im-dancing-2004/ ( starts at 79:00).  It's a very sad scene, i almost cry too when i watch.
There those gifs too...http://hellotailor.tumblr.com/post/7800920639/james-mcavoy-you-cry-a-lot-gingerhaze-only

Woody Harrelson

October 26, 2014 11:36 am  #6

Hey Squonk, i saw the whole movie Filth and he tears up at least 5 times. He plays a very depressed character. Wonderfull crier..

Woody Harrelson

December 3, 2014 4:11 pm  #7

Psychic Girl:
   Thanks for posting about "Filth".  I just saw the whole movie and James McAvoy was PHENOMENAL.  He just won a Scottish BAFTA for Best Actor for it.  My respect for him as an actor has multiplied.  And yes, some great crying scenes.  

Climbing to a high chamber in a well of houses, he threw himself down in his clothes on a neglected bed, and its pillow was wet with wasted tears. -- A Tale of Two Cities

December 4, 2014 8:25 pm  #8

i saw the disappearance of eleonor rigby, both parts (Her and His) so 190 minutes of it. but oddly mcavoy doesn't have a crying scenes, maybe one little, where you don't see a lot and some tearing up. which is very astounding since the movie is dealing with a breakup and crip death. but probably the director didn't want to be too sentimental. it is a good movie nevertheless.

Last edited by abcd1234 (December 4, 2014 8:26 pm)

February 17, 2015 1:54 am  #9

Re: "The Disappearance of Eleanor Rigby: Him": Actually, we do get some tears from McAvoy (and Jessica Chastain, who definitely cries a lot more in this). Yes, I would've expected more considering the subject matter and that McAvoy is such a great crier, but this is nice:

February 17, 2015 12:19 pm  #10

Great scene Squonk,  maybe the only problem is the lighting in this scene, it's too dark. Macavoy's eyes are seen looming in tears towards the end, he seems to hold them back as strongly as he can. Maybe the director askd for this, i don't want to think how gut wrenching would have been this movie if it had been allowed the crying it deserved

Woody Harrelson

Board footera