You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 24, 2015 4:51 pm  #1

When and how did you first discover you had dacryphilia?

Thread basically says it all. As for me, I remember the exact moment it happened. I was just a five year old little girl, sitting in the bathtub playing with my bath toys. I would always make them talk and interact with each other. For the first time ever, I made one of them get hurt, and cry. I made the other one comfort and help it out, and this huge rush of excitement came over me. I thought "Wow, why am I liking this so much?" I kept doing it over and over to experience the same feeling. I became obsessed with that feeling, and from that point on, I would fantasize about my classmates crying beside me every single night before I went to bed. It got so bad that by the time I was a little older, I would purposely try to make kids my age cry for my amusement. But I have since grown out of that behavior, thank goodness. But I still fantasize about my guy friends/boyfriends crying to this day and I just love the sensation of the emotion. I don't know why I love it so much or why it randomly emerged out of nowhere, but it happened, and I'm okay with this fetish. I'm just happy there's actually a forum for it! Never thought I would find one.

"Sometimes, the best way to help someone is just to be near them."
-Veronica Roth

January 24, 2015 5:00 pm  #2

Re: When and how did you first discover you had dacryphilia?

http://cryinglovers.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=177

Some of us have shared our answer to this question in the above linked post. But I encourage anyone who hasn't shared to go ahead and do so!

January 24, 2015 5:04 pm  #3

truffle wrote:

http://cryinglovers.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=177

Some of us have shared our answer to this question in the above linked post. But I encourage anyone who hasn't shared to go ahead and do so!

Thank you, and sorry. I'm new here and don't quite know where everything is yet. ^^;

-Veronica Roth

January 24, 2015 8:58 pm  #4

Yowza, you have no idea how similar is what you say with what i had expirenced in childhood. Except the ''making other children cry'' it occured to me in the same way. I noticed it first in kindergarden, i developped a sudden interest in a boy  who cried at luchtime because he couldn't cut his meat. I found the reason hilarious and he really started sobbing at one point. At first we alll didn't know what happened because he was crying silently and at one point he stopped eating and a started to be siezed by a violent attack of sobs. He could talk through his tears the reason of his cryying and other girl helped him.
H e was the bully of the class until that very point in time and he used to laugh at me. Seeing him like that was so overwhelming to me and innefable that i remember i couldn't sleep that night and was telling my parents what happened with all the details , over and over..
Something stayed with me from that point on and new elements emerged. I also recounted on this forum the emotion i felty when i saw ''Thorn birds'' for the first time with my grandmother at 8 years old and during last episode there was this great sob scene acted be Richard Chamberlain. I remembered having that facination reborn once again after the kindergarden incident.

Last edited by psychic_girl (January 24, 2015 9:00 pm)

''I like crying. And now I not only wanna cry and show my crying to other people, I wanna just split myself down the middle and open my guts and just throw everything out!''
Woody Harrelson

January 25, 2015 3:08 am  #5

psychic_girl wrote:

Yowza, you have no idea how similar is what you say with what i had expirenced in childhood. Except the ''making other children cry'' it occured to me in the same way. I noticed it first in kindergarden, i developped a sudden interest in a boy  who cried at luchtime because he couldn't cut his meat. I found the reason hilarious and he really started sobbing at one point. At first we alll didn't know what happened because he was crying silently and at one point he stopped eating and a started to be siezed by a violent attack of sobs. He could talk through his tears the reason of his cryying and other girl helped him.
H e was the bully of the class until that very point in time and he used to laugh at me. Seeing him like that was so overwhelming to me and innefable that i remember i couldn't sleep that night and was telling my parents what happened with all the details , over and over..
Something stayed with me from that point on and new elements emerged. I also recounted on this forum the emotion i felty when i saw ''Thorn birds'' for the first time with my grandmother at 8 years old and during last episode there was this great sob scene acted be Richard Chamberlain. I remembered having that facination reborn once again after the kindergarden incident.

That's awesome. I get the same way when I see a guy cry, even to this day. I'll just obsess over the situation for a while after I see it occur.

-Veronica Roth

January 25, 2015 4:52 pm  #6

I think I posted in the other thread on this topic, but my experience was very similar to yours. I've had the fetish since I was probably three or four. I definitely fantasized about classmates and friends crying every night as I was falling asleep, particularly when I was an older child (ten and older, maybe). I still do, actually; I'll concoct entire scenarios in my head that I'll play out until I fall asleep. Sometimes they're based on actual experiences, and sometimes not, but I definitely obsess over real observations, especially because they're so rare.

January 25, 2015 9:44 pm  #7

That is exactly what I do to fall asleep every night!

"...men do not cry. They will do anything BUT cry. They stop themselves crying. And eventually they do cry if it is bad enough. So that's how you know with a man how bad it is for him. Because he would've stopped himself...Men always cry like that. They don't cry and in the end they do and if they do then it's overwhelming." ~Michael Caine

January 25, 2015 10:03 pm  #8

yellowrose wrote:

That is exactly what I do to fall asleep every night!

Wow, it's hard to believe there are others out there like me. I thought I was mentally insane. Gosh I'm so happy I found this forum!

-Veronica Roth

January 26, 2015 9:56 am  #9

I can't remember when it started, but it was certainly full-on by the time I was in school. For me it's always been TV or movie crying that has gotten me going, rather than real-life. I think that may be because the few times I was with someone in real life, I was so focused on their pain that I wasn't able to enjoy the moment. And since I've been more aware and open about my fetish, I'm now more critical of "acted" crying. If it isn't realistic enough to inspire that visceral comforting compulsion, then I get too clinical and start critiquing the performance. For it to work for me, I need a contorted face, audible crying, and (preferably) real tears. Some "dry" criers (actors who don't produce tears) still provide a reasonably satisfying experience for me, but overly histrionic or too understated crying leaves me cold.

The most recent scene that got to me was in "Into the Woods", as The Baker walks away from the group, leaving his child behind. James Corden's performance didn't feel "acted" at all. It was a lovely surprise in a movie I'd already been wanting to see - that scene just made the movie that much better. (If you haven't seen it, it's well worth a look.)

"We have our stalking memories, and they will demand their rightful tears."
Anonymous

January 26, 2015 10:17 pm  #10

caircair wrote:

I think that may be because the few times I was with someone in real life, I was so focused on their pain that I wasn't able to enjoy the moment. And since I've been more aware and open about my fetish, I'm now more critical of "acted" crying. If it isn't realistic enough to inspire that visceral comforting compulsion, then I get too clinical and start critiquing the performance.

Same here, caircair, i noticed this too

''I like crying. And now I not only wanna cry and show my crying to other people, I wanna just split myself down the middle and open my guts and just throw everything out!''
Woody Harrelson

Board footera