You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 25, 2015 7:24 am  #1

Anyone here happen to like The Beach Boys?

Oh. My gosh. I am OBSESSED with The Beach Boys. I've been hooked since last year, when I heard the song "California Girls" playing at an amusement park. Been my favorite song ever since. There's also You Still Believe In Me, Wouldn't It Be Nice, Caroline No, Wind Chimes, Darlin', The Little Girl I Once Knew, God Only Knows, Sloop John B, I'm Waiting For The Day, Here Today, Getcha Back, Let Him Run Wild, All Summer Long, Surfer Girl, Don't Worry Baby, Little Saint Nick, In My Room, Girls On The Beach, Ballad Of Ole' Betsy, The Warmth Of The Sun- ah, gosh, sorry about that! Anyway, even if you're not a huge fan, are there any songs you've heard by them that you like?

"Sometimes, the best way to help someone is just to be near them."
-Veronica Roth

January 26, 2015 10:04 am  #2

Re: Anyone here happen to like The Beach Boys?

I've always liked their stuff, but I have to admit my favorite is "Kokomo". It's just got the right beat and melody, when I hear it I always feel like strutting just a little bit.

"We have our stalking memories, and they will demand their rightful tears."
Anonymous

January 27, 2015 7:45 pm  #3

caircair wrote:

I've always liked their stuff, but I have to admit my favorite is "Kokomo". It's just got the right beat and melody, when I hear it I always feel like strutting just a little bit.

Ah, Kokomo- the first song I've heard by The Beach Boys. I love that song as well, reminds me of an epic vacation that I wish to go on. I'm going to the Bahamas this year as a school field trip, and Kokomo gets me pumped about it more and more when it speaks of the Bahamas in the chorus. It is indeed VERY catchy!

Speaking of The Beach Boys, I finally taught myself how to play California Girls on my flute. I know it's not a big deal but I've been trying to teach myself that song for so long, I'm just so happy that I finally figured it out.

-Veronica Roth

April 17, 2015 6:56 am  #4

I like all their songs I have the greatest hits cd.

April 26, 2015 12:23 am  #5

raindance85 wrote:

I like all their songs I have the greatest hits cd.

You are so lucky! I want one of their CDs... I am, however, goig to a Brian Wilson concert this summer thankfully!

-Veronica Roth

August 11, 2016 4:30 pm  #6

I luv their music. Music that I find most appealing has most of the attention on the vocals. Their message is just popular today as it ever was.

February 3, 2019 9:31 am  #7

Of course! I love the Beach Boys. Nearly 2 years ago I saw Brian Wilson perform Pet Sounds live, so memorable that I was tearing up on God Only Knows hehehehe I was crying in general because I knew seeing him perform Pet Sounds has to be one of the most special things that has ever happened to me in my life...

I love Smile, 1965's Today, Sunflower, Surfs Up, etc they're a legendary band they have made too many songs that are a staple piece of classic rock and art that will forever take it's place in history. Glad to know you have good taste

February 5, 2019 1:50 am  #8

They are not my favorite, sorry competing with The Beatles, I like The Beatles more, one of the songs I like most of The Beach Boys is Barbara Ann, I also like Good Vibrations.

Board footera