You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 26, 2011 5:18 pm  #1

Self obs - two crying episodes in a day.

So, last Thursday I had a really awful day, but I thought you guys might enjoy hearing about it more than I enjoyed having it!

I'm a 20-year-old female in my second year of uni (a very, VERY competitive uni) and lately I've been feeling really fed up and uninterested in my work, and Thursday was the last straw. I woke up feeling ill and then had to ask for an extension on an essay deadline because I couldn't do it, and after an emotional conversation with a friend about how much I've been struggling with my degree lately, I came back to my room, alone, and really just wanted to have a good cry about it. So I put on some music that always makes me feel emotional ('No Surprises' by Radiohead and 'How to Save a Life' by The Fray I think, if you're interested), and I was tearing up a little but no tears were falling just yet. And then it got to the line 'You look so tired and unhappy', and it sounds silly, but I was just like 'Yeah, but why does nobody notice that?' and a tear spilled down my cheek, and then I started thinking about how everyone expects so much of me, but I don't know if I can do it. Soon I was properly crying, and the tears kept coming. I let them fall, and drip onto my chest, because I don't like wiping them away when I'm crying. I was sniffling quite a bit too, and occasionally I let out a quiet sob. Eventually I calmed down, and a friend came to knock on my door so I wiped my eyes and opened the door to him, and I don't think he noticed.

Later on, I realised I'd promised to hand in my two friends' essays, who do the same subject, as we have to submit a physical copy, and because I'd forgotten, their essays would be late. So I cycled over to the place where I was dropping them off, feeling tearful again because I'd let them down, and trying not to cry all the way there and back. As soon as I turned up at one of their rooms to apologise for my mistake, I must have looked pretty upset because she told me it was fine and asked me about my essay, concerned. I said 'I couldn't do it' and my voice cracked towards the end and I started to cry again, and she hugged me as I tried to compose myself. We sat on her bed talking for a while, and I only wiped the tears away after a while.

So those were my two crying moments. Luckily, I'm feeling better now!

November 26, 2011 7:19 pm  #2

Re: Self obs - two crying episodes in a day.

I remember study related blues too :O

On the subject of your crying, are you a bottom lip curler?

Ugly crying is pretty crying

November 28, 2011 11:55 am  #3

Yeah, all gets a bit too much sometimes. Hmm, good question - I think I am during intense crying sessions, but not when there are just a few tears.

November 28, 2011 9:01 pm  #4

Really sorry you had a bad day - <<hugs>> - we all have difficult days especially when things get tough.

But I'm so thankful you posted a wonderful honest self crying observation - sounds like quite a few tears spilled down your cheeks.
Loved where you said they dripped onto your chest. So, love it when tears go on a journey beyond a female face!

Thanks for sharing

Board footera