You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 24, 2015 1:34 am  #1

Huge Crying Actors (Male) Pinterest Board

I've had a lot of free time lately and needed a distraction from some unpleasantness in my life, so I created a giant Pinterest board devoted to crying actors.  It has over 500 photos of over 200 men from over 300 movies and TV shows.  I used a number of suggestions from this forum so thanks to our wonderful members.  I also included a mention of this site.  If there are any glaring omissions, please let me know.  I'd love to keep adding to the board. (Though there were some movies I just couldn't find.) Hopefully this link works:
https://www.pinterest.com/sydcarton/gallery-of-crying-men-actors/

Climbing to a high chamber in a well of houses, he threw himself down in his clothes on a neglected bed, and its pillow was wet with wasted tears. -- A Tale of Two Cities

July 24, 2015 10:55 am  #2

Re: Huge Crying Actors (Male) Pinterest Board

wow, squonk, this is epic! thank you very much! 

August 1, 2015 5:29 pm  #3

Wonderfull gallery Squonk, you overdid yourself with those brilliant scenes <3. If I have to pic a few those with Russel Crowe ( wow, he cried in Les Miserables and i missed on that scenes) Jim Caviezel and Timothy Hutton in Taps, and those snaps from rare  and classic old movies. I noticed they're a lot of actors i missed on which can only make me more eager to find some more scenes >
One point, last night i looked for the scene with Hutton in Taps and while seeing that amazing scene with his tears streaming down i was also taken by suprise by Sean Pennn's sobbing scene at the same time, just Wowwww....Sean Penn was one of those criers i couldn't classify as genuine since he doesn't shed many tears when he does his scenes and he sort of forces himself at times to look as if sobbing without really shedding tears. But in Taps he seemed to cry genuinly...

Last edited by psychic_girl (August 1, 2015 5:31 pm)

''I like crying. And now I not only wanna cry and show my crying to other people, I wanna just split myself down the middle and open my guts and just throw everything out!''
Woody Harrelson

August 6, 2015 3:54 pm  #4

Thank you for your comments, psychicgirl.  I hope others get inspired to search out some of these wonderful scenes. Yes, it is interesting what an open crier Sean Penn was back in "Taps."  Maybe he got harder as he got older.  Timothy Hutton was the James McAvoy of his day.   He's still got it.  I believe he shed some tears on his recent show, "American Crime."  
And you didn't miss much with Russell Crowe in "Les Miserables".  He didn't really cry . .  He kind of just had tears in his eyes at that one moment (looking up at Jackman as he was being held prisoner), but it was such a beautiful shot, that I included it.  I missed it myself on previous viewings.  

Climbing to a high chamber in a well of houses, he threw himself down in his clothes on a neglected bed, and its pillow was wet with wasted tears. -- A Tale of Two Cities

August 6, 2015 4:56 pm  #5

Timothy Hutton did do some crying in "American Crime", most notably the scene where he goes to identify his son's body. (First episode).

"We have our stalking memories, and they will demand their rightful tears."
Anonymous

September 10, 2015 11:58 pm  #6

AMAZING board! Followed on Pinterest. So happy you included James Marsters in there! LOVE him!

September 11, 2015 1:18 am  #7

Thank you!  Glad you like it.  
I love James Marsters too.  He displayed such a wide range of emotions on "Buffy."  I can't believe he wasn't more successful after it ended.  

September 11, 2015 2:13 am  #8

I'm loving this board - keep up the good work!

Anonymous

September 11, 2015 2:22 am  #9

Anonymous

October 2, 2015 6:30 pm  #10

Can anyone identify sources for those Aidan Turner pictures?  Like specific episodes, etc. ?  

Board footera