You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 29, 2017 8:49 pm  #11

Re: Had another go today

Ahh, working from the inside out or the outside in!  Both are legit techniques.  I haven't really worked on the physically going through the motions technique, but it would be interesting to see if I could cry with that technique.  I should try it sometime!  I think I liked the idea of the emotions technique (the one I use) better because what I'm attracted to in others is the thought of their vulnerable emotional state underneath those tears (for me, there are sexier reasons for crying than others).  

July 29, 2017 11:31 pm  #12

woundedpuppy wrote:

Ahh, working from the inside out or the outside in!  Both are legit techniques.  I haven't really worked on the physically going through the motions technique, but it would be interesting to see if I could cry with that technique.  I should try it sometime!  I think I liked the idea of the emotions technique (the one I use) better because what I'm attracted to in others is the thought of their vulnerable emotional state underneath those tears (for me, there are sexier reasons for crying than others).  

If you did try that (in front of the mirror), I'd be interested to know what expressions come out naturally. In fact, I'd like to hear that from every female on here.

Ugly crying is pretty crying

July 31, 2017 7:55 pm  #13

I've a new one for you to try and get the tears started TorNorth! Was watching the events to mark 100 years since the battle of Passchendaele - horrific battle of WW1. They showed an interview with an old solider - a Harry Patch, sometimes referred to as the 'last tommy' - the last UK solider to fight in WW1 - he died a few years ago at 109 years old I think. But, in this interview he finally opened up about some of the horrors he witnessed - he's crying - so emotional.

​As I watched I felt tears sting my eyes. Thought of your attempts to make yourself cry and decided to just go with the emotion and see what happens. My eyes gradually filled with tears and after about a minute or so a tear fell and ran down my left cheek followed a few seconds later by a tear down my right cheek. My eyes continued to fill with tears - I let out a quiet sigh as fresh tears ran down both cheeks almost simultaneously - down the same tear tracks. Over the course of about two further minutes three tears ran down my right cheek - all down the same line and a further two down my left cheek, but one ran down the side of my nose! Found it all very very moving.

​My wife sitting next to me also shed tears which also rolled unchecked down her face - stunning!

So one to try when you can get the place to yourself and your in the right emotional mood!  

July 31, 2017 9:00 pm  #14

tearhunter wrote:

I've a new one for you to try and get the tears started TorNorth! Was watching the events to mark 100 years since the battle of Passchendaele - horrific battle of WW1. They showed an interview with an old solider - a Harry Patch, sometimes referred to as the 'last tommy' - the last UK solider to fight in WW1 - he died a few years ago at 109 years old I think. But, in this interview he finally opened up about some of the horrors he witnessed - he's crying - so emotional.

​As I watched I felt tears sting my eyes. Thought of your attempts to make yourself cry and decided to just go with the emotion and see what happens. My eyes gradually filled with tears and after about a minute or so a tear fell and ran down my left cheek followed a few seconds later by a tear down my right cheek. My eyes continued to fill with tears - I let out a quiet sigh as fresh tears ran down both cheeks almost simultaneously - down the same tear tracks. Over the course of about two further minutes three tears ran down my right cheek - all down the same line and a further two down my left cheek, but one ran down the side of my nose! Found it all very very moving.

​My wife sitting next to me also shed tears which also rolled unchecked down her face - stunning!

So one to try when you can get the place to yourself and your in the right emotional mood!  

That's so enviable! Do you think you could spill your emotions out this quickly a few years in the past?

August 1, 2017 7:33 pm  #15

To be honest, all the cards were very much stacked in my favour. I'd been feeling a bit emotion earlier in the day for other reasons. The subject matter I could relate to very easily. Although for very different reasons my recent issues mean I can very much understand and empathise with the feeling of fear and panic that these solider went though during WW1.

​So, with all that and not fighting the emotions it was fairly easy for me to get the tears flowing. And No, I don't think I'd have shed tears prior to all that gone on. I might have got wet eyed but I don't think to the point of flowing tears.

August 3, 2017 12:10 am  #16

tearhunter wrote:

A bit off topic but Radiohead wrote a song about Harry Patch and released it shortly after his death. Incredibly beautiful and moving, perfect accompaniment if you want to produce tears. 

It is such a secret place, the land of tears.
-- Antoine de Saint Exupery, "The Little Prince"

August 4, 2017 4:35 pm  #17

Songs might actually work a little better. Lyrics and poetry can be legit triggers for me. Last night in bed I was thinking about a song that moves me particularly, and I got emotional enough that a small tear trickled out of my left eye. I tried to hold that emotion and actually felt my face starting to contort a little, including my bottom lip which began to pout automatically. Come to think of it, this is not the first time this has happened, but this is probably the first time I didn't just swallow it furiously.

Last edited by TorNorth (August 4, 2017 4:43 pm)

August 4, 2017 5:57 pm  #18

It's wierd, I have a really hard time crying over real things, I hardly ever do it, even though I've been through lodas of things that should make me do, illness and death of multiple family members, divorce etc etc...

But when I see a sad movie, I cry like mad, and i really enjoy it... guess I might need it...

Watched a you Tube clip with the end of Armagedon, and started crying immediately! Didn't even have to see the full movie, just the "worst" part! And then I did it again to see if it worked, and it did! Had to film myself the second time! Don't think I dare sharing it though... Too bad I can't blur my face but then it would all sort of be wasted, since you wouldn't see my tears...

(I totally blame my non english autocorrect for any mistakes or strange words in this post)

August 4, 2017 10:08 pm  #19

@Rose: I'd mostly be watching your lips instead of the tears ;)

People here (including me) have shared screencaps parts of their faces (eyes or mouth) instead of showing their full face, which is a somewhat decent way of covering your identity maybe.

August 5, 2017 5:46 pm  #20

I would love to see all the males on this forum share their screencaps/parts, esp. the eyes, tears on cheeks and bottom lips. If you have GIFs of them, that'd be cool, too! 

Board footera