You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 5, 2017 9:39 pm  #21

Re: Had another go today

There's not much to show in a gif, unfortunately. I can show you my attempt by pm if you like.

Ugly crying is pretty crying

September 5, 2017 6:01 pm  #22

TorNorth wrote:

I was watching the news when the case of the terminally ill baby Charlie Gard came on. The parents have been compelled to let their baby go, and I watched the father give a tearful statement. I was pretty moved by the end of it and found myself getting misty eyed. Immediately I got out my phone and tried to sob. My eyes welled up to the point where my vision was partly blurred. But alas, try as I might, I couldn't get the tears to spill. My lip curled mildly and trembled and my nose got runny.

It was a disappointing venture, but I do have the footage. If I can ever get emotional to the point where my eyes overflow, I'll post a cropped image directly here. I can once again offer a screencap of my eyes, or my mouth (if you want to see a hideous shape) to interested parties who want to see the meagre fruits of my efforts. 

I have found that getting the phone out halts the emotional release. Better is to set the camera up somewhere inconspicuous before you start watching something emotional so that by the time you're in the experience you don't notice it's there

September 6, 2017 1:37 pm  #23

TorNorth - sure! Feel free to send me whatever you have! Actually - any of you males who have videos/screencaps/GIFs, etc...feel free to PM them to me.  I am very audio-based, as well...so if you have any audio of crying, sobbing outright, sniffling, hiccup-catching-your-breath types of audios - please send them along, too! I'd love them! 

Board footera