You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 18, 2017 9:13 pm  #1

My tears of happiness

So, I had a situation yesterday where a friend e-mailed me and paid me a compliment in a "casual, offhand" sort of way.  Basically, she remarked that she aspires to have a more "compassionate" personality like mine (seriously, I'm blushing now as I type this!).  Well, reading her words made me cry from happiness; I was sitting there with tears streaming down my face for about ten minutes.  While crying, I typed a reply e-mail to the effect that I was in tears from her beautiful compliment, and thanking her.  She has yet to respond, but that was a truly lovely moment for me.

August 19, 2017 10:49 am  #2

Re: My tears of happiness

Did you sob, or was it just the tears?

Ugly crying is pretty crying

August 19, 2017 1:57 pm  #3

No, just the tears. 

I did hear back from my friend yesterday, and she offered me a "virtual hug," which I thought was sweet.

August 19, 2017 2:31 pm  #4

I bet your tears looked amazing - happy tears are fantastic, always feel they can be 'enjoyed' without feeling guilty!

​Did you allow your tears to fall down your face unchecked - what happened when they reached your chin? Drip off, or run down your neck? 10 minutes crying is quite a long time, how many tears fell?

August 19, 2017 6:03 pm  #5

Tearhunter, I'm pretty sure I wiped them away before they reached my neck.  The tears were kind of "on and off," actually, rather than continuous, during those ten minutes.  I totally agree with you that happy crying is special in that there's no pain associated with it.  As far as I myself am concerned, it's my favorite type of crying.

Board footera