You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 22, 2017 8:49 pm  #11

Re: Anyone else this picky??

I can very much relate to nearly everything in your original post, Wounded Puppy.

I've been going through this frustrating phase where my old-standby clips aren't really working for me anymore, and I'm having a terrible time finding new ones that fit the bill in terms of realism & intensity.  

Like you I'm mostly interested in scenes with close-ups of real, emotional tears that well up in the eyes and stream down. (I enjoy sobbing & trembling lips as well, but they're more of a perk than an absolute requirement). I also get weirdly fixated on particular actors/criers and find myself ignoring perfectly good scenes if I'm not interested in the people involved. I'd really like to find something new, but at the moment I just feel stuck.

I think this, as much as anything, is what's been keeping me off the forum for the past couple months, but I am starting to feel a little more optimistic. Hopefully the fall/winter movie season will be full of Oscar-worthy male crying scenes.  

Last edited by Tristana (September 22, 2017 8:49 pm)

September 23, 2017 1:54 am  #12

I guess I'm in the minority here; I'll "take" just about any kind of male crying scenario, from tears-in-the-eyes, to crying sounds without tears, to silent tears streaming down the face, to the actor being an all-out sobbing and tearful mess!  And I can't really say I have a favorite type of crying scenario; for me, it's all about the individual actor and the specific, dramatic context.

Basically, I feel that -- while much more common now than in past decades -- men crying in films is such an uncommon sight that I can't afford to be too choosy.

Edited to add:  I will say, though, that I love to be surprised by the crying.  In other words, my ideal situation would be when I "didn't see the crying moment coming," or when it's an actor I've never seen cry before, or when it's an actor I've never seen cry a particular way before.   

Last edited by White Tulip (September 23, 2017 2:02 am)

September 23, 2017 3:40 am  #13

I forgot all about the fact I started this thread!  Interesting!  I haven't been looking for clips lately.  Just using my own imagination and fantasy seems to suffice for now.  In fact, most of the time, I'm not even thinking about my fetish. 

If that happens to change, though, I think I will go back to writing fics.  I have found relief before from writing the exact scenario I want to see or experience.  Somehow physically writing it out makes it more real than just imagining it in my head.

September 23, 2017 4:56 am  #14

You should share your written stories with us on the forum, if they are not too personal!!

September 24, 2017 4:43 pm  #15

flatter wrote:

You should share your written stories with us on the forum, if they are not too personal!!

Hey Flatter!  I bumped up two of my old fics in the Fiction section of the forum, so they are at the top now if you feel like reading them.  

I never post anything too personal.  Some details were altered in one of them for this reason.  I don't have other fics saved on my computer or anything.  I don't think there would have been much anyway... 

As a writer, I love the control I have over the crying character.  I can really put him through the wringer if I want.  I even get to be in his head throughout the whole ordeal.   He becomes everything I want him to be.

September 26, 2017 7:21 pm  #16

Tristana wrote:

I also get weirdly fixated on particular actors/criers and find myself ignoring perfectly good scenes if I'm not interested in the people involved.  

LOL! I am the same way!

September 26, 2017 7:25 pm  #17

White Tulip wrote:

I will say, though, that I love to be surprised by the crying.  In other words, my ideal situation would be when I "didn't see the crying moment coming," or when it's an actor I've never seen cry before, or when it's an actor I've never seen cry a particular way before.   

I agree with this. That's what did it for me when I watched the one episode of breaking bad. Beginning of the episode when he found his girlfriend dead and was crying as he was trying cpr, I enjoyed it but was also expecting tears so it didn't hit me the same way the later crying in the crack house in the same episode - just BAM !  I wasn't expecting that one

Board footera