You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 27, 2017 10:35 pm  #561

Re: Crying Scenes Directory

yellowrose wrote:

Colin Firth has a lovely crying scene reading a letter from a friend the very last scene of the movie Genius.  Two large tears fall unchecked.  Its subtle.  

Jude Law has some short crying scenes in King Arthur, but he is doing some not so nice things at the time.  It is interesting how he cries very similarly to previous crying scenes for him, must mean he is actually crying

Wow, Colin cries in so many movies!  I haven't seen Genius and wasn't interested in it (I don't care for Jude Law), but perhaps I will check out Colin's scene.

July 28, 2017 12:22 am  #562

Fassbender and Ryan Gosling have a few crying scenes in Song to Song, towards the end of the movie. I like Gosling's scenes more, he really sobs a few times and it looks very realistic though the scenes are quite brief and interrupted by other scenes that have nothing to do with them. It's shown a sad moment into the character's life and there's some freshness to these moments but it's such a pity they don't show more. He really cries for good, his hand is shaking at some point and his face is flushed..

''I like crying. And now I not only wanna cry and show my crying to other people, I wanna just split myself down the middle and open my guts and just throw everything out!''
Woody Harrelson

September 26, 2017 6:01 am  #563

Saw a movie with Benedict Cumberbatch who yet again outdoes himself.  The movie is called A Child in Time.  I was intrigued because it is about a couple whose daughter is abducted.  He has two incredible full out sobbing scenes, one where he thinks he finds his daughter at a school which is at least a good 30 seconds to a minute of just him losing it.  A gorgeous scene.  He is so talented.  Then a little later there is a shorter scene after he makes an upsetting discovery.  I won't spoil more, but we get to watch tears stream down his face and fall off of his nose.  I highly recommend finding the movie to watch if you are a Benedict Cumberbatch fan,  or if you enjoy men crying at all.   Enjoy! 

"...men do not cry. They will do anything BUT cry. They stop themselves crying. And eventually they do cry if it is bad enough. So that's how you know with a man how bad it is for him. Because he would've stopped himself...Men always cry like that. They don't cry and in the end they do and if they do then it's overwhelming." ~Michael Caine

September 26, 2017 8:34 am  #564

yellowrose wrote:

Saw a movie with Benedict Cumberbatch who yet again outdoes himself.  The movie is called A Child in Time.  I was intrigued because it is about a couple whose daughter is abducted.  He has two incredible full out sobbing scenes, one where he thinks he finds his daughter at a school which is at least a good 30 seconds to a minute of just him losing it.  A gorgeous scene.  He is so talented.  Then a little later there is a shorter scene after he makes an upsetting discovery.  I won't spoil more, but we get to watch tears stream down his face and fall off of his nose.  I highly recommend finding the movie to watch if you are a Benedict Cumberbatch fan,  or if you enjoy men crying at all.   Enjoy! 

It was really awesome. He's such an amazing actor. I got some great screen shots, that I'll post once I "graduate" (I'm new to the forum)

September 26, 2017 1:11 pm  #565

OMG! I ADORE Benedict! He is such an amazing actor and a wonderful crier - but I have always wanted one where he full-out sobs! Yellowrose, where can I find this movie?! Do you have a link?

September 26, 2017 8:54 pm  #566

"...men do not cry. They will do anything BUT cry. They stop themselves crying. And eventually they do cry if it is bad enough. So that's how you know with a man how bad it is for him. Because he would've stopped himself...Men always cry like that. They don't cry and in the end they do and if they do then it's overwhelming." ~Michael Caine

September 26, 2017 11:32 pm  #567

Also with a VPN (I use IPVanish), you can watch it on the BBC iPlayer. It's a really good movie

October 3, 2017 5:33 am  #568

Jeremy Renner and Elizabeth Olsen both have crying scenes in a movie Wind River.  Renner's are definitely more subtle tearing up moments, but Elizabeth Olsen has a sobbing scene near the end that is pretty impressive.  Decently entertaining movie also.  Can't get enough of Jeremy Renner

By the way, I totally can't wait to see Stronger with Jake Gyllenhaal. I can only imagine...

October 3, 2017 5:36 am  #569

Definitely need to check that one out. Elizabeth Olsen had good crying scenes in past movies.

Ugly crying is pretty crying

October 3, 2017 1:15 pm  #570

Totally looking forward to Stronger, Yellowrose! I think Jake is a pretty good crier - but I am waiting to see him break down in sobs. I am hoping that the subject matter will indeed lend itself to that happening. As for Renner, I adore him, and he has amazing crying scenes in Dahmer and 12 and Holding. IF you haven't seen them, try to, for they are really excellent sobbing scenes. The only thing I wish was that in both of those sobbing scenes, he is technically alone - I wish they had someone there to comfort him. ;)  Let me know what you think of them!

Board footera