You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 13, 2017 5:48 am  #1

How many have trouble saying crying-related words aloud?

I've long wondered if I'm the only one here who has "difficulty" actually saying crying related words out loud, and in front of people who don't seem to have the crying fetish.

I have trouble, more or less, with all the words related to crying.  "Tears" is the hardest for me to say, but there's also "sob," "weep," and "cry" itself.  There's just something about those words, in my voice, that to my own ears is just... I mean, in and of themselves they are beautiful words; I just feel so self-conscious about saying them.  I have gotten better over the years, however, because it used to be that I could not even write the word "handkerchief."  But, having made myself type it in some fanfics I did in the past year, I have no problem writing it today, though saying it is still a somewhat anxiety-provoking.

Can anyone else relate?

Last edited by White Tulip (November 13, 2017 5:51 am)

November 13, 2017 8:12 am  #2

Re: How many have trouble saying crying-related words aloud?

Sort of, but I find that the inverse is more true. I get immensely turned on hearing a woman say them.

"Bless me now with your fierce tears..."

November 13, 2017 2:28 pm  #3

I don't have that problem, problem is I get turned on when describing crying, even if the other person does not have a fetish.

November 13, 2017 2:57 pm  #4

NeedHerSobs wrote:

Sort of, but I find that the inverse is more true. I get immensely turned on hearing a woman say them.

Oh yeah, I love to hear others say "those words," especially guys.

November 14, 2017 9:31 pm  #5

I sometimes do. I was in a play once in my first drama group where I had to say that I can't drink brandy because it makes me cry. Although in that instance my embarrassment might have helped

Security will run you down hard
And I will lead them on a merry chase

November 15, 2017 4:36 am  #6

Yep, I second everything said so far.

November 15, 2017 1:55 pm  #7

I love hearing guys say the word 'cry'. There is something so vulnerable about the word. The most recent example I have is when there is a scene in Lucifer where Luci is telling his brother a story about a soul he tortured in hell, and he says  "when I returned, he was crying." Maybe it's his British accent that added to it, but I got those sweet butterflies in my stomach when he said that.  There is also a video of bloopers from Lucifer where Tom Ellis keeps flubbing his lines and groans, jokingly saying, "I'm going to cry...". Loved it! 

November 26, 2017 11:36 am  #8

I can write any crying related words no problem. In spoken word, it feels cheesy to say "cry" sometimes - I don't know why. I prefer to say "in tears".

Ugly crying is pretty crying

March 8, 2018 5:26 pm  #9

missyjdma wrote:

I love hearing guys say the word 'cry'. There is something so vulnerable about the word. The most recent example I have is when there is a scene in Lucifer where Luci is telling his brother a story about a soul he tortured in hell, and he says  "when I returned, he was crying." Maybe it's his British accent that added to it, but I got those sweet butterflies in my stomach when he said that.  There is also a video of bloopers from Lucifer where Tom Ellis keeps flubbing his lines and groans, jokingly saying, "I'm going to cry...". Loved it! 

I agree with you about hearing guys say the word 'cry'. I really love it whenever I hear a guy say a crying related word, whether in real life or in movies/tv . Except when my dad would say such words, then I just feel very uncomfortable

I have no problem writing such words either. Although I must admit that I'm slightly having some trouble saying these words out loud. But that also depends on whom I am with at that moment.

A million dreams is all it's gonna take

August 30, 2018 1:58 pm  #10

I have trouble saying the word "weep". I get really embarrassed. I don't know why, it's a word I like but not one I can use easily.

Board footera