You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 4, 2017 6:58 pm  #1

Old Obs from Last Year

As per the title this was from last year but never posted it here. I just thought of it now and figured I'd share.

I was going for a walk around mid afternoon, and came along a bus shelter where I saw this woman sitting down - visibly upset, and crying her eyes out. Makeup stains were down her cheeks and it sounded like she was arguing with someone on the phone. I kept walking. A few minutes later I returned to the same location and she was there again - still crying, but the makeup stains were gone from her cheeks. Again, I kept walking.

This was particularly unusual because I've never seen anyone crying inside of a bus shelter prior to that, or since then. I sometimes think about this and wonder if I should've asked if she was okay.

December 4, 2017 7:21 pm  #2

Re: Old Obs from Last Year

How long did it take you to come back? Seems she allowed tears streak her face, then after a while(perhaps she noticed you saw her?) she cleaned her face. What brought this back to your memory?

December 4, 2017 9:56 pm  #3

Re: Old Obs from Last Year

Amans lacrimae wrote:

How long did it take you to come back? Seems she allowed tears streak her face, then after a while(perhaps she noticed you saw her?) she cleaned her face. What brought this back to your memory?

Not very long. I only wanted to go out for a short walk at that particular time. She might've noticed me but I wasn't so sure. I did notice the first time that she was wearing a really short skirt and the way she was sitting exposed underwear, so maybe she got embarrassed? Because the second time around her hand covered that particular area, and her tears were gone from her face. I just thought of it randomly after thinking of some observations I've encountered over the course of my lifetime.

Board footera